Hunting for a 272...

Rapscallion

Reaction score
I've decided after much research that my next boat is going to be a 272 Sailfish. I'm moving up from a Sea Hunt 220 CC (which is for sale by the way if anyone is interested!).

This board has been a great source of information for me to make this decision, but I'm hoping to open up a discussion on what to look for when looking at the 272 (circa 2000 model). I know there were some issues with the windows leaking into the cabin, which I've seen in a one of the 272s I've looked at, and I also found one where the anchor locker leaked into the cabin. I've been checking these out when I look, but is there anything else specifically I should look for? Any design flaws that needed to be corrected? Systems that are prone to failing?

Also, can anyone confirm the actual measurement from stern to end of pulpit? I've found some conflicting information, but the general consensus is 27'-10".

Obviously I'll have the boat surveyed once I pick one out and have the engines checked out...but I'm looking more for insight from owners who have experienced these hulls over the long term.

Any advice is much appreciated!

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Hey Rap check out ahill's '98 Sailfish in the classifieds. Sweet rig. Also, there's a thread here about a guy that just bought one and was looking for tips etc. Good Luck!!

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I have a 2000 sailfish and love this boat. We may be moving up to a 330 express soon. Windows have never leaked. Boat rides great and handles well in all offshore conditions. I have been in very rough beam seas, waves breaking over bow, and she handled great. If you have any questions, I'm happy to answer them.