In my Driveway - 258 Finally Arrives

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
At the risk of starting an argument........Hinchinbrook island and surrounds is as pretty without the tourists....

Seadog

Reaction score
SCAdventure said:
It's a beauty. Is it true that the props spin in the opposite direction south of the equator?

Lot of things a bit different down here......

Roll The Bones - live in Mackay and do most of my fishing and spearfishing out of there off the Whitsunday Islands - great spot and Jekyl is right about the area to the north of us in the Hinchinbrook region - beautiful all year round and plenty to do and look at. No argument from me.....

Have just spent my Saturday morning fiddling around in the boat - the quality and workmanship of the boats is first class. Kids keep getting up in the boat with dirty feet and leaving paw prints everywhere.

30 knots on the water today but dropping for Monday where we have a public holiday. Plan to head out on first trip.

LUNDINROOF

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Grady's Down Under

I took a picture of a 273 or 283 in a marina that was in Cairns last month when we were visiting. The name of the boat is "Mongrel" and it has twin Mercury's on it. I couldn't get too close because a sign on the dock said that trespassers will be shot and in Australia I think they mean business. If I could figure out how to post pictures I would send a copy to you.
I saw two other Grady's in New Zealand.

sully4

Reaction score
G'day Seadog,
Welcome aboard the grady club.
You wouldn't believe it but not only do we have the same boat but we also have the same car (same colour) to tow it!
I am in Melbourne and have had my 258 for 14 months now (100hrs on the clock). I have just upgraded to the navnet 3d, auto pilot and furuno radar. It is one serious weapon and nothing comes close to the build quality in Aus.
Good luck with the boat and if i can help with any Q's on the boat let me know.
Cheers
Glenn

Seadog

Reaction score
Hey Sully, saw your boat on the forum and was one of the reasons I purchased the 258.

Took her out on the weekend and unfortunately the wind did not drop and I spent about an hour punching through some decent chop and then came home in a following sea. Performed great, but looking forward to some good weather where I can head out to the reef and chase some fish...

Will no doubt be in touch with some questions

Seadog

Reaction score
3 weekends in a row. The boat has been sitting in the driveway waiting for a run out to the Barrier Reef and we have had nothing under 20 knots since I picked her up.

Plenty of sun and beautiful conditions barring the rotten wind. I did take her out lat weekend for 1 hour and trolled some lures for 10 kilometres and then opened the throttle and gave the boat a run home in a 25 knot tail wind and a 8 foot following sea. Absolutley incredible the difference in performance from my last boat which was a BW Outrage 190. The GW at 25 feet is incredible and we were able to maintan a constant speed of 30m/hr in testing conditions.

Cannot wait to give her a run in ideal weather...

rorkin

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Good luck with a great boat..

You might want to check the tongue weight you have on that boat and trailer set up.. A rough eyeball looks like the boat might need to go a little bit forward.. I don't own that boat so I may be all wet, but perhaps an owner might chime in

Seadog

Reaction score
As promised, here are a few photos from our first trip off the coast of Mackay, Queensland, a couple of weeks ago. Weather was sensational and we ventured 70 miles off the coast to tackle some big trevally. They were smashing the big dumbell poppers on the edge of the reef and I spent 30 minutes wrestling this brute!!

Boat performed sensationally and attracted plenty of attention at the boat ramp, which had a line-up of about 30 boats. Looking forward to some more good weather so we can venture out again....

Life is GOOD!!!!

P5290029.jpg

P5290035.jpg

P5290036.jpg

P5290039.jpg
[/img]

GW VOYAGER

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I had wondered how your new grady was working out and now I can see everything is good on your side of the world. Great boat, pic's,and fish.
Thank's for sharing.
I wish everything was as good in the Gulf.

Lew

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Looks great and will ride greater ! I know you will really enjoy the boat. Send some pictures underway. :D

Seadog

Reaction score
GW VOYAGER said:
I had wondered how your new grady was working out and now I can see everything is good on your side of the world. Great boat, pic's,and fish.
Thank's for sharing.
I wish everything was as good in the Gulf.

Will keep the photos coming.
We only get to see the pictures and news clippings from the spill in the Gulf and I can only imagine what it must be like. I know you guys are a resilient bunch and will see it through, but obviously some tough times ahead. Make sure you keep smiling though guys....