live well location?

mongrel

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I recently purchased a 1990 offshore 240, The live well hose is missing from the selector valve. Where was the live well located on this model?
Thanks in advance.

Mike

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Grady White site has diagrams for most models. Start there.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Probably in one of the boxes under one of the fwd seats? I would assume the aerator (or remnants of) is still there... did you look?

mongrel

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Probably in one of the boxes under one of the fwd seats? I would assume the aerator (or remnants of) is still there... did you look?
Yes, I see drains, but no water inlets. I may be cutting a hole and installing a thru hull and valve to turn one of those into a well.

mongrel

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
If it was in one of the seat boxes, there should be a pop out plate somewhere on the base to access the connections.
I have a 4" twist out plate outboard of each storage/fish box. The box itself has been sprayed on the outside with spray foam. I will need to remove some of that. I'm surprised that there is a selector valve for livewell, and none of the boxes were ever plumbed for that. I will choose the divided box on the port side, partially to offset my weight and the kicker, both on starboard, but also because fish and game requires us to keep our spot prawns separated per fisherman (like they never mingled on the ocean floor?) so I can easily make the port compartment into two separate livewells.