Long Trailer Mfg

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Did they go out of business? If so, did someone buy them?

My Voyager has a Long trailer and I don't like the set-up. It sits really high off the trailer and the pulpit interferes with the winch when launching and retrieving. Since they are out of NC, I thought I might be able to contact them to get some set-up advice on my rig.

Never Enough

Reaction score
I just got a new trailer from slideon.com, owens trailers its awesome for my 248 voyager. they put what they call a big "V" block in the front of my trailer and move the winch stand down and forward because it would hang up on the pulpit. Its a awesome trailer!

grady23

Reaction score
? #1 --- Is this a bunk trailer?
? #2 --- Have you adjusted the bunk outward so that they are supporting the boat at the chines? I once saw a Sailfish with the bunks only 20 inches apart.

? #3 --- Have you tried lowering/raising the winch on the stand ?

blackgrady

Reaction score
i own a long trailer, and last summer went through h-e double hockey sticks with it. their leaf springs and connection blocks between the leafs are all custom made by them, so all of the parts need ordered from them and they custom build it. just an fyi when you need to get replacement parts.

anyway...heres the contact info if you need it. as of last summer they were still in business.

Long Trailer Co, Inc
313 Bass Lane
Tarboro, NC 27886-7921 map

Phone:
(252) 823-8828

www.longtrailer.com

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
If all the parts are custom, that's bad news bc I think they went out of business. Can anyone confirm? Website no longer works and the phone number just rings with no message.

The trailer is a roller.
If I move the winch down the pulpit will still hit the winch mounting post.

Frank

Reaction score
I was told Long Trailer is out of business by a dealer that sourced trailers from them and had to find another source. Here's hoping they find a way to start back up as they made nice, beefy trailers (I have one).

grady23

Reaction score
"f I move the winch down the pulpit will still hit the winch mounting post" -- Sounds like the post is too high or tall to start with.

HeckLures'

Reaction score
Sell It I had one crack on the weld at the tongue on a 26cc C-Hawk and the company played stupid. Trailer rated at 10K and boat only weighed 6.5K

Sorry First post but when I saw LONG Trailer, chills went up my spine

V/R HeckLures'

go fish

Reaction score
Model
Canyon 306
The original Long Company is gone out of business. Some of the employees are starting the company again and building boat and utility trailers as well as repairs. Stu phone number at Long is 252-531-6491.

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Thanks for the #! I hope someone can help me.

The winch is mounted at the top of the post so that it will line-up with the bow ring. It seems too high to me, but there is no way to avoid doing this to make everything line-up.

Never Enough - Can you send me photos of your set-up?