Marlin fresh water tank

THEOG

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
New to the forum. I purchased a 04 Marlin. The pump in the fresh water system ran all the time so I replaced it kid last season. It definitely got better and only runs for short periods during or after fresh water use. It seems like I got through water very quickly. Not sure if I have a leak. Pulled mid berth panels and did t see anything
Obvious wrong. Per other posts I’ll check the hot water tank pressure release next. Any other suggestions. The pressure seems to drop once I get down to half a tank or less, when it is full the pressure is great.

How do I access the tank do I need to pull the main deck panel? How is the fresh water tank accessed?

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Check for leaks first. Turn the pump off and top off the tank. Try to top it off again later that day and same for the next two days.

Last edited:

mleads310

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I have a 282 and I'm guessing the set up is similar. If the pump is running you either have a water leak on the pressurized side or a air leak on the neg side. If your sucking in air on the neg side your tank will still be full even tho the pump is trying to prime up constantly. If it's the pressurized side then you'll be loosing water from the tank. I had a leak on the pressurized side and found that a clamp was rotted and the hose was leaking water. But I had to run thru the system, pump to bow, Before finding it. It sucks but you have to go thru start to finish methodically to make sure you've found what it could be.

greauxpete

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I repaired my freshwater tank on my camper recently using west system gflex epoxy. Its formulated for use with plastics and works. In my case, I ground off the old outlets, bought new npt and hose nozzles and glued them on. Surface prep consisted of sanding, wiping with alcohol, and flame treating the glued surfaces.

20220207_132009.jpg
20220216_120357.jpg
Screenshot_20220206-195332_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220206-195026_Samsung Internet.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220206-195324_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220206-195324_Samsung Internet.jpg
    791 KB · Views: 1

loubeer

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
The leak can be anywhere in the system so don't just concentrate on the big tanks. A leaky faucet (sinks, freshwater shower and cockpit shower/wash down), loose hose clamps, head water lines, hot or cold split water hoses, etc. can be causing your problem. There's evidence of a leak somewhere - the challenging part is finding it!!! Good luck.

teaklejr

Reaction score
Check all the clamps on the hoses, you will find lot's of them, just go around and make sure they are all tight. When we got our 305 a year ago our pump would cycle on and off and it ended up being just loose hose clamps. I would find one loose then the next week find another one and so on. So I would try and find all of them instead of figuring it out one by one.