Marlin Fuel Filler Main vs Aux

hinmo

Reaction score
My labels are worn off my fuel fills. Is the fwd fuel filler the main and the aft most one the aux?
One would think I could monitor the Yamaha fuel gauge as I add fuel to one at a time, but the gauges seem erratic.

thanks

g0tagrip

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have a 2007 and the Main tank is the forward and the Aux is the aft also.

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
same as 265..main fwd, aux aft.

When switching the Yamaha LCD gauge you have to wait a while before it reads correctly.

Question for everyone- Do you run Aux down to empty first then Main or vice versa?

I just did some experimenting on long runs and it seems that, from both full, running Aux first to near empty then switching to Main gives a better ride.
What are your thoughts?

bea5454

Reaction score
That is the orientation on the 2011 305 Express and seems logical.

I have the weight of aft generator. On long runs I generally have the aft box loaded with a lot of ice, so tend to be a bit stern heavy. I do find burning off the aft tank first results in improved running angle.

journeyman

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
SkunkBoat said:
Question for everyone- Do you run Aux down to empty first then Main or vice versa?

I just did some experimenting on long runs and it seems that, from both full, running Aux first to near empty then switching to Main gives a better ride.
What are your thoughts?

I run the Aux tank down first because I'm stern heavy and for the reason you mentioned.

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
journeyman said:
SkunkBoat said:

What are your thoughts?

I run the Aux tank down first because I'm stern heavy and for the reason you mentioned.

Agreed