My new 282 Sailfish, Jersey to Washington state

Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well she's here and almost ready to roll! Arrived friday late and we lost the tide to launch and put it on my trailer, plus the batteries were a no go, needed a charge. Wanted to fit her to the Bunks on my trailer and take her home to clean. Came from New Jersey without shrink (long story I will not elaborate on) with no damage but woefully dirty and grimy. Came through terrible weather. We got her on the trailer early on Saturday and Ken K. (Wavedancer) was in the area and dropped by to have a look. She is a lot better now than when Ken saw her. My wife and I have spent about 15 hours in the last two days making it our own. We got her on the water on Saturday with a fresh full tank, new plugs, fuel filters, and five passengers. 2006 Twin 250's on this was AMAZING! Jumped on plane so fast I was shocked and 42 Knots WOT on the GPS. Cruise was around 28 Knots at about 1.8 mpg, very happy with that! Raymarine E120 with 1k Transducer, Simrad AP 26, Icom 502 all operational. Canvas in good Shape, she needs a good waxing, need to mount and wire Scotty's, Lee jr. outriggers with 19 footers came with single rigging so I will make double before Albies get here, Water system has leaking fitting and clog in it for Head and galley I will blow out with compressed air, otherwise it's all good!!! I have to pinch myself I cannot believe how nice this boat came out!!!!!! Pics here http://pbckt.com/sc.9k0

232 GULF

Reaction score
CONGRATS on the purchase and good job on the cleaning. Shes a real beaut, looks brand new. We're looking at buying an '05 w/twin 250s. Wish you the best of luck w/her.

Motivator

Reaction score
Starting my fifth season with the same ride...I know you will enjoy the mess out of it! Congratulations on a great boat!

Reaction score
Live and Moor the boat in Port Orchard. It was one of the most exciting and scary things I have ever done. We still have a lot of work to do to make it ours. I just got done pulling the whole TV panel out to replace the broken DVD player. They gave us a new one in the box, but who new the work to put it in! She needs wax bad and I have to lower the bunks on my trailer and she will be battle ready!

bhemi

Reaction score
How much to transport

Do you mind if I enquire as to how much it cost to transport and were you happy with the company (less the grime)

Bob Coco

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Sure looks pretty, Good luck with it. I bought my 282 last September and barely got to use it before putting her away. I did alot of mods to her over the winter and can't wait to un cover her and put a fresh coat of bottom paint on the drop her back in. Congrats on the purchase. But did you really have to come all the way over here to the East coast to get one?

Reaction score
We do not have any over here! Our market for Grady's is really inflated, if you can find em. The $5100.00 in shipping was easier to take considering boats like that sell over here for 15-20 g's more. My shipper was a great guy and really took care of us. Stayed until I was Happy with the offload to my trailer. A few more things to do and by the end of this week she will be killing Salmon and ready to SLAY at the Halibut opener in the open Pacific at SW corner! (EPIC FISHING)