My new Grady.

Grady_Crazy

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have been shopping since last September when I sold my other Grady and I went to Daytona Beach yesterday and picked up this little Grady and pulled it back to SC. 2003 Adventure hardtop with a 2003 200HPDI. Ready to splash it. How are the electronics? I have always used Garmin.
Furuno Color LCD Sounder FCV-582L
Furuno GPS/WAAS Navigator GP-32
Uniden VHF

I really like this hardtop but I had to get on the boat to hold the limbs back pulling in our driveway.

Furno.jpg

DSC00908.jpg

DSC00907.jpg

DSC00910.jpg

Daman858

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Your electronics are just fine. Garmin is a bit more used friendly but the Furono stuff is bullet proof. I agree that the hardtop makes all the difference, especially on the 204. Your boat is just fabulous.... I say that because I have its twin. Be careful on Lake Murray! Very crowded as I'm sure you know. If you ever get down to the coast, let me know and we can buddy boat off shore out of Georgetown.

Enjoy!

Walkers Edge

Reaction score
Great boat, looks familiar.
Those electronics are very good at what they do. The sonar (when matched with a quality transducer) is an excellent unit. That GP-32 was basically the industry standard for plain gps units a decade ago and is accurate. I have owned both and not had a problem with either.

You will defintely want a decent chart plotter. If you dont want to spend the $2k for a MFD then Garmin has some great little 5" screen units like the 541 that work great. Move that GP-32 to the E-box for a backup and put in a couple waypoints for the inlets you use regularly.

Grady_Crazy

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan, be I need to correct something, it is my wife's boat. We get down to Georgetown every so often but stay in the bay, never offshore but out to the rock jetty. I would like a buddy for the first time (or two).

Actually taking it to Lake Greenwood where my in-laws have a place on the lake so I can leave it in the water and really inspect the trailer.

Doug

Daman858

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
My in-laws also have a place on Lake Greenwood. Much smaller than Murray but very beautiful. Off shore is not bad at all if you watch the tides and the weather. One thing is, the Grady can handle some chop, no problem. Leeme know when you're headed this way.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Great lookin' rig!
Excellent all-purpose boat.
Fire up the chain saw and get rid of the limbs. Hardtops are much more important than trees.

magicalbill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Wow! I just noticed I have over 500 posts.
Look out BobP.. here I come....

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Congrats! A great boat. Enjoy her. I fish out of Chaleston from time to time now. Strikezone runs out and has been helpful too. You should trailer her to my neck of the woods and explore Fontana Lake in the Smokies....

Grady_Crazy

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
SmokeyMtnGrady

We'll have to pull her up the Saluda Grade, we have a place in Maggie Valley!

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
We pull our 228 up that grade on I 26. It can be done. Look us up if you bring the boat. We live in Cullowhee.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Maybe we need to have a get together at Fontana before the summer is out...... not but probably 2.5 hrs from Atlanta for us.... :shock:

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
Are we not planninng a Lanier event? Fontana works for me too....

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
We are....I proposed 8/14 for the date. Waiting to see if that works for everyone.

TerryP

Reaction score
My New Boat

Congratulations. Seeing the 208 several years ago is what got me hooked on Grady. I wound up with a 226 but for what I do (up to 20 miles out or so) I think the 208 would have worked just as well. In many ways the Adventurer is the most amazing boat in the GW lineup--great lines, GW quality, more cockpit room than most 22 boats of other brands.
Have fun with it.