"New" 192 and Canyon 366

GWcpa

Reaction score
Good to see Grady is moving forward in a down market. Interesting to reintroduce the 192 while at the same time producing the Canyon 366.

Wonder what demand there is for a 36 GW cc now?

The 192 should be a good entry level boat again.

Discover

Reaction score
New 192

Just toured the factory seeing my 2010 192 Tournament being built. To my eye, it looked like the factory was going at about 30%-40% capacity and I didn't see too many monsters being built. Seemed to be plenty of activity in the 19-23 ft range.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I thought NEM's 42 foot CC with quad F350s was being built (??)

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
All right NEM!

Can't wait for the photos!

I don't see why Grady is not making these 42 CCs, even 4 per year - would all sell, in my opinion, irrespective of economy.
I can name 4 guys on this site who are already probably top on the list !

Fishermen will always want and demand CCs. Grady shouldn't bother with a cabin version, that would be a waste IMHO.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
If Grady did the 42, there would most likely be an express and a CC based on the hull. A 42 express would have TONS of room with outboards but on the downside I don't know how it would run compared with the inboards since it would have a lot less weight especially below the waterline. The express may be a little tender even with a shallow deadrise since there isn't much weight to offset the bridge (and most likely tower). Trip 350's as a base for the CC and quads as an option and quad 350's for the express should move things along. So how far away is Yamaha's 400?

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I don't think an express or cabin model 42 foot boat with quad outboard power will sell, when there are plenty of other choices for inboard twin everlasting fuel sipping modern diesel fishing boats at similar prices.

Many choices.

No such choices when it comes to CCs.

There comes a point in size in an express, cabin, FB, etc., where outboard propulsion blyted to a transom in multiple motors becomes rediculous vs. the traditionals.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Whoa ! 450s?

I don't think 900 HP is going to crank up the 42 ft CC to 50+ mph !
And if Grady is going to sell a 42 ft CC with outboards, it better be hell bent on speed.

Grady is going to be waiting until the cows come home if counting on Yamaha to fill that order !
I would place a bet the F350 is not good for 450 w/o a supercharger and I didn't see room in there for one.

And I don't see a market $$ force to buy 450 HP outboards, few will sell.

Sorry you guys in FLA - will have to stand armed guard 24/7 with such a boat!

Hope the OP is not pissed off, we are covering everything here from 19 ft to 42 ft Gradys ! What else is there to do today besides work, with gale force winds around LI. Of course with a 42 footer, may not matter too much at all !