New Freedom 255 DC

jaydub

Reaction score
I wonder why they went with the name FREEDOM instead of TOURNAMENT to go along with the rest of the dual console series.

GWcpa

Reaction score
I was wondering the same. They are definately moving toward more DCs. They must be selling. Whatever it takes to keep them in the business.

I'm guessing this is the journey hull? Did not compare specs to determine.

Tashmoo

Reaction score
The word that I heard is that GW sold in the range of 80 DC's last year. The market is good enough that Pursuit is reintroducing a 26' DC in May.

In my eyes 26' is a perfect sized DC boat, question is will it have a perfect sized price tag. I would guess that a negotiated boat well equipped would have to come in at $85 - $90K. I know somwone will note the pricing from the past year and this will be out of line. Forget the pricing policies of GW over the past year. All that did was clear inventory, trash the resale market and really piss off existing recent customers. Believe me, I will remember it when it comes time to replace mine.

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Actually most of the fire sale prices were from dealers trying to get out from under floor plans. Boats are pre-ordered from GW and paid for upon delivery.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The resale market will be fine....it may take a little time to stabilize, but a quick search of the used listings don't show a huge drop from where they seem to normally be.

As for dealers dumping new non-current inventory, that happens every year. Even in the past, some dealers have ended up with non-current models. They typically sell for substantially less, and folks get a good deal. I agree that the number of dealers that have gone out of business has not helped, but most of those dealers sold their remaining inventory to other dealers.

slatedog

Reaction score
No surprise to me they are selling. I have a 2002 out-of-production T223 with a Yamaha F225. Its a really versatile boat for fishing and cruising but is really suited to fishing with the great big cockpit (at the expense of the bow somewhat as it is somewhat snub nosed). Its pretty much a no frills beast and I love the boat for its versatility and ability to handle a wide variety of water conditions with a reasonable draft. Maybe the Freedom could be a step up for me one day though the cockpit looked small to me for a 25' boat. I will plan on taking a look when they make it to the dealers.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
I dont like the name either...it seems they stole it from Jeep or something :lol: I like the boat though. There are days I miss my Tourney 192 and almost bought the 225. But on the smaller boats, I do like the bracket and full stern.