New Member to the Grady Family!

sailgsb3718

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm Chris and I just took delivery of a new to me 2000 Sailfish 272. It's a big step up from my old 201 Pro-Line so a little getting used to but it should be a great boat for fishing the wrecks off Long Island. I look forward having a good time and learning a few things from all you guys.

onoahimahi

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Congrats man - post pictures if you've got 'em. I picked up a Sailfish over the winter and love it so far. A bit tricky to dock with any wind, however. I'm batting about 50% looking like a pro and 50% not...

-Scott

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Really miss my sailfish. YES please show us some pics and we are here to help if you have any questions or need any advise. Congrats and welcome to the GRADY family!

mboyatt

Reaction score
Congrats on the new Grady! Docking can be a stress in the wind or heavy current for anybody. I was trying to dock once by myself in an outgoing tide near the marsh on Bald Head Island and it took me roughly 5 passes. No shame in docking woes, my friend. Enjoy the boat and future projects on her!

CKJR

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Congrats on the sailfish. Its a great boat-big enough and small enough. Where will you be boating since we are neighbors!

christo15

Reaction score
Welcome to the new boat!! We have a 2003 282 Sailfish and absolutely love it. I'm sure you'll get used to it quickly like my family and I did. Great purchase and look forward to hearing all about it!

sailgsb3718

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Yes you guys are correct about the docking in the wind, seems like the stern stays put but the bow is a giant sail, maybe where the name comes from? Starting to get the hang of it though. Brought the boat home on Tuesday and will be making my first shark trip on it tomorrow, hoping to christen it with a nice Mako! Will have pics coming soon.

-CKJR nice to see some other Long Island people on here, I am on the south shore and will be running out of Moriches Inlet.

sailgsb3718

Reaction score
Here are some pics, only thing i need to add are outriggers and a second VHF.

My boat slip for the Pro-Line is far too small so luckily a friend was nice enough to lend me some dock space

First time showing my parents the boat

Boat was a brokerage through Port of Egypt in Southhold, NY

Graybeard

Reaction score
Be sure to join your local Grady White owners club!!!