New model Freedom 415

B-Shell

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 307
Biased opinion here as I own a Freedom 307. Started fishing on similar sized CC. After a few very wet Bahama crossings I knew my crew would not like that. So when I moved into a "fishing" boat I knew it was going to be a DC. Great day boat and very capable fishing boat. We HST in NE FL in the winter for wahoo. Most of my CC buddies with boats bigger than mine prefer to go out on the DC. With the glass in it is dry, out of the wind and a MUCH more comfortable ride. We have 50-60miles from inlet to fishing grounds so that's 2 hours each way min. Nothing like heading E/W with a North wind and getting sprayed in the face from one side of the boat for 4 hours.

As far as the 415 I agree that is a huge price to pay for what you get. But the clientele already outlined here can and will pay that. Look at the similarly priced Sporties and Yachts that sit in your marina all the time and don't go out.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Pretty funny how they are advertising... Fishermen, middle class and even some rich need not apply.
  • th

gradywhite.com
    https://www.gradywhite.com/luxury boats
    https://www.greatgrady.com/javascript:void(0)

Grady-White Luxury Boat Sale | Design Your Grady Today

Ekea

Reaction score
Model
Chase
why do people compare dryness of dc with curtains up to a cc with no curtains? get curtains on a cc and stay dry. plenty of room for 4 people to stay dry on a cc with curtains

FREEDOM!!!

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
Biased opinion here as I own a Freedom 307. Started fishing on similar sized CC. After a few very wet Bahama crossings I knew my crew would not like that. So when I moved into a "fishing" boat I knew it was going to be a DC. Great day boat and very capable fishing boat. We HST in NE FL in the winter for wahoo. Most of my CC buddies with boats bigger than mine prefer to go out on the DC. With the glass in it is dry, out of the wind and a MUCH more comfortable ride. We have 50-60miles from inlet to fishing grounds so that's 2 hours each way min. Nothing like heading E/W with a North wind and getting sprayed in the face from one side of the boat for 4 hours.

As far as the 415 I agree that is a huge price to pay for what you get. But the clientele already outlined here can and will pay that. Look at the similarly priced Sporties and Yachts that sit in your marina all the time and don't go out.
Wait, you can't fish with a DC....everyone knows that.

Fishtales

Reaction score
In many cases they are the same hull. A CC with wings and the enclosure up is just as good in my book.

Beyond A Wake

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 335
Most boys and girls find a mate and all do not like the same person......
Creature comfort is what u get with the DC, family or friends. Fishing you can do at the fish market, cheaper than running 60 miles out for usually nothing .........
I'm of course teasing but most boaters do NOT fish, they ski, wake board, cruise, sit at the sandbar grilling, anchor out with friends and even spend the weekend/night out there. Some venture out to the Bahamas (from SE FL) and sure you can sleep on a Freedom with AC and all.....
The original question about the 415 is a limited market which is getting crowded with everybody making something for it. Scout, HCB, Whaler, Pursuit, you name it. They all have some of their own ideas incorporated and ALL have outboards now the 450's or even 600's. Outboards are claimed to be easier to service, replace etc but instead of one or two diesels we now have up to 4 or more motors, not cheap to service..............but they are less costly to install for builders, leave more space for gen, gyro, tanks and of course gear.... better margins at the price levels they command. Around $2M list fully equipped some even more. Discounted with 20-30% was seen already at the PBIBS in march. They are not going to built and kept in inventory like small boats could be.
So let us not wine about the big and ever bigger boats just let us wait for the electric versions with charging stations out in the ocean.

Im having fun just thinking about all this while waiting to go out and cruise on my 335 with friends..........spending an easy weekend day etc..

Lets make sure GW still services our boats as well and not just those two or three 415 out there.

H