New to me Tournament 275

westar

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Tournament 275
After a long two months, we were finally able to use the new to us tournament 275 with a single 350 yamaha. I bought the boat and had it shipped to Florida. The boat was trailered down from Virginia and delivered to me at a ramp about 3 miles from my house. I drove the boat to my house but when I got several hundred yards from my dock the rpms started coming down with the throttle in the same place.

I got off plane and was idling for a moment and heard and saw the engine knock. Immediately, i shut off the engine and tossed an anchor out. After removing the cowling I saw a white milky substance oozing from the engine. Water in the oil. After a quick tow 200 yards to my dock I called my mechanic and made arrangements for them to get it the next day.

Thankfully, the engine was under warranty because it received an entire rebuild. They didn't find the failure that caused the water to get into the oil but mechanic suspects it had something to do with improper winterization and something cracked.

So yesterday my wife and kids piled on and our "quick" ride on the new boat turned into an entire day playing in Tampa Bay and in the Manatee river. The engine runs great (still breaking it in) and the boat is more than we had hoped for.

If you live in Tampa Bay and need a master mechanic, Brad at Tarpon Pointe marina (on the manatee river) is fantastic.

image.jpg

mboyatt

Reaction score
Glad you got it sorted out. I love the Tournaments. I have a 192, but would sure love the extra space. Great looking Grady. Enjoy the summer!

westar

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Tournament 275
Thanks mboyatt. Moving up from an Adventure 208 to the 275 was a huge change. We have so much more room to move around on the 275 and absolutely love it. Don't get me wrong, I love the 208 but it was time to go bigger. Enjoy your 192!