no power to livewell pump

crabtrapper

Reaction score
I have a 96 Gulfstream and the livewell pump stopped working. I disconnected the wires at the pump checked with a 12V source and the pump is OK. I went then to the rocker switch on the control panel and I don't seem to to be getting any power there either. On the backside of the control panel next to the rocker sw is a white circuit breaker or fuse looking fixture. The manual makes no mention of these breakers, if that is what they are. There are several of these alongside of the other rocker switches. Could that be the problem with no power to the livewell switch or is there another fuse somewhere that I need to check. I've only owned this boat a few months so I'm learning about the electrical system.

Any ideas?

Ned

LUNDINROOF

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The objects you are talking about are breakers that protect each circuit. These breakers gave me trouble the entire time I owned my last Grady. I don't think a year went by that I didn't have to pull the board and replace at least one. They are not a lot of trouble to change and if you are wise you will order a replacement for each size you have so that you have one when you need it.

Also, they are not easy to check. They will show continuity and 12 volts across the leads but internal corrosion prevents enough power (amps) to pass to operate a motor. I made a jumper wire with clamps on both ends to jump across the leads. If the pump works with the jumper the breaker is bad, no matter what tests it passes.

I have owned my 283 Release for 4 years now and have not had a problem. Grady must have changed the type of breaker they use.