Reaction score
1987 completely repowered and refitted.
grady2.jpg

grady.jpg

JUMPNJACK

Reaction score
Nice Boat Nice Year!

Hey Barbender!
I like your boat. Always glad to welcome another I/O Grady man. I think '87 was a good year for Grady. My Sailfish looks very similar to your model. Whats your rated HP? Fuel Capacity? Bravo II Outdrive? Performance? Welcome!

'84Offshore

Reaction score
gotta love those I/O's............I installed a 300HP SBC by myself in my driveway for ~$3K..........can't do that w/ an OB!!

Barbender

Reaction score
Thanks Jack. The 25 Sailfish was my first choice but could not find one around that had what I was looking for at the price I was willing to pay. This current motor is rated 250 hp which pushes her along at roughly 33 knots wot loaded which is plenty for me. I have a new 96 gallon fuel tank and 30 gallon fresh water tank. The outdrive is not new but in really good shape.

I installed a 300HP SBC by myself in my driveway for ~$3K..........can't do that w/ an OB

That is the primary reason why I bought this boat. The maintanance is a breeze and can swap out a motore easily enough. However this motor barely has 100 hours on it since installed so I should be good for awhile.

JUMPNJACK

Reaction score
Nice Offshores!

Nice pair of boats that you gentlemen have there. My Sailfish also sports the 300 hp small block. Sailfish is a little heavier but turns out 25-27 mph at that 3600 rpm "sweet spot". Turning an 18 1/4"x19" prop with the Bravo II. Very nice ride! 8)

Barbender

Reaction score
Are you both running mercruisers? Also do either of you run stainless props if so any benefits?

Also I should note that the reason there is a American Flag on the boat is that I picked it up south of the border.

'84Offshore

Reaction score
I am running a Mercruiser w/ an Alpha I drive.
I tried a SS prop and found no improvement....went back to the aluminum.

JUMPNJACK

Reaction score
I too run the aluminum prop. Thought about going stainless but 84 Offshore has just confirmed my suspicions about the improved performance claims. When you said "south of the border" for a second I thought that must have been a long haul from Mexico. There must surely be some great fishing in your location. Once again welcome "Canadian Grady Man". 8)

Barbender

Reaction score
Fishing out here has been pretty good this last season. 2008 was horrible but 05, 06 and 07 were very good. We are anticipating strong runs again for 2010 which is the primary reason I purchased this boat. I ran a old 1979 Campion that has seen far better days.