Part number for shift/throttle cable '98 208

john90290

Reaction score
Need to find some replacement cables for a 1996 Adventure 208 running a 2003 Yamaha 225. I tried to find the number marked on the cable but was not able to see any numbers.

I guess all I really need is the length and I could figure it out at the teleflex site.

Shfter is super rough and barely moves sometimes.

Thanks,

John

seasick

Reaction score
The length of the cables depends on how the cable was rigged, outboard side tube or inboard side. Even in same model years, the rigging tube locations can change
Some motors were rigged with a small cable loop at the transom well and some were rigged with a fairly large loop. The bottom line is that you need to get the numbers OR pull the cable to measure it. When pulling, tie on a drag rope so that you can pull the new cable more easily. If you can see the cable markings at the motor , try looking at the other ends that connect to the steering box. I had 20's on my 208 but re rigged with 18s reducing the long loop in the well. My 208 has a more centered rigging tube. That model had either cables that went around and in back of the batteries ( rigging tube near the starboard side) or cables that ran between the batteries and the motor well ( centered rigging tube).