Power reduced

Dogfish

Reaction score
2021 Fisherman 236-
1 battery dead.
started and ran on batts 1&2.
Normal to have limited electronics
and reduced power where can’t go on plane?
Just curious if anyone knows when my batteries are fully charged if this will not be a problem.
Sorry if question seems dumb.

seasick

Reaction score
I don't think all those symptoms are related to a dead battery. They may have something to do with a problem in the battery wiring

Reactions: PointedRose

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
2021 Fisherman 236-
1 battery dead.
started and ran on batts 1&2.
Normal to have limited electronics
and reduced power where can’t go on plane?
Just curious if anyone knows when my batteries are fully charged if this will not be a problem.
Sorry if question seems dumb.
From what you wrote it sounds like you had a dead battery, but then used that battery in conjunction with the good one? That's not a good way to do things.

How long did you run it?

But, can you tell us about your engine? The boat info isn't really important here.

Punchline Cap

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Fisherman 236
Sounds like this would be Grady’s problem. Wouldn’t this be a warranty issue?

BobH1

Reaction score
Model
Islander
With everything having sensitive electronics these days it would not surprise me that problems would develope. Did you run on just the fully charged battery? What motor do you have? If the alternator is trying to charge a dead battery, which it is not meant to do, I would expect issues with sensitive electronics. Even the motor.
But I am no expert.

Dogfish

Reaction score
From what you wrote it sounds like you had a dead battery, but then used that battery in conjunction with the good one? That's not a good way to do things.

How long did you run it?

But, can you tell us about your engine? The boat info isn't really important here.
F300- ran about 10 minutes when I realized what was happening. Turned back to port.

Dogfish

Reaction score
F300- ran about 10 minutes when I realized what was happening. Turned back to port.
Both batteries charged over night. Going to hope that the 1 dead battery was cuasing the reduced electronics and low power (didn’t go on plane).
This is when I returned to port

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Still need that engine info... but can we assume it's a new engine? The best thing to do would be to have the engine computer scanned since there will be a reason it entered into Guardian mode in the history. For example, in your scenario (and this would, really, be the best case), the reason could be "low voltage". Using that dead battery in conjuction with the good one only pulls the good one down. Running on just the good one would have been a smarter thing to do - better for "field diagnostics", too. BUT, you'll know soon enough once you run the boat again. Otherwise, you'll really need to get it scanned - newer engines have multiple things that can put it into Guardian and we'd only be guessing - especially since we don't have any more info.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
All should be covered by warranty either Yamaha or Grady-White!

Dogfish

Reaction score
Still need that engine info... but can we assume it's a new engine? The best thing to do would be to have the engine computer scanned since there will be a reason it entered into Guardian mode in the history. For example, in your scenario (and this would, really, be the best case), the reason could be "low voltage". Using that dead battery in conjuction with the good one only pulls the good one down. Running on just the good one would have been a smarter thing to do - better for "field diagnostics", too. BUT, you'll know soon enough once you run the boat again. Otherwise, you'll really need to get it scanned - newer engines have multiple things that can put it into Guardian and we'd only be guessing - especially since we don't have any more info.
Thank you. I’m hoping that’s the case.
I’ll report back.