Pro Blaster Wash Down Pump

LUNDINROOF

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I’m having to replace my Pro-Blaster wash down pump and need some advice. Checking both West Marine and Go2Marine, the 12 V.-4 GPM model is not in stock and neither can tell me when they can ship. West Marine has a 12V.-5 GPM model but it draws 16 amps. as opposed to 10 amps for the 4 GPM model. Will I have to change wiring or fuse/breaker if I move to the bigger pump? I don’t want to move up because of the extra cost but need to get it fixed ASAP.

Anybody have a recommendation for another type, make, and model pump?

ROBERTH

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Not sure, but bet it would require heavier wiring. I will be adding the 5gpm later this year as second pump and will be running new wire to it with a spare switch I have at the helm. Tired of having to switch between livewell and washdown. Just replaced my 4gpm last winter. It was the original, so they must be good pumps.
Try http://www.easternmarine.com/shurflo-pr ... 48-153-e09
or Defender as a source for the 4gpm.

seasick

Reaction score
LUNDINROOF said:
I’m having to replace my Pro-Blaster wash down pump and need some advice. Checking both West Marine and Go2Marine, the 12 V.-4 GPM model is not in stock and neither can tell me when they can ship. West Marine has a 12V.-5 GPM model but it draws 16 amps. as opposed to 10 amps for the 4 GPM model. Will I have to change wiring or fuse/breaker if I move to the bigger pump? I don’t want to move up because of the extra cost but need to get it fixed ASAP.

Anybody have a recommendation for another type, make, and model pump?
Whether or not you need new wiring can't be answered without knowing the current wire guage, the distance from the fuse panel to the pump and the current fuse/breaker size.
Perhaps this will work
http://www.discountmarinesupplies.com/S ... 4AodJAMAMg

LUNDINROOF

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I ordered one last night from Eastern Marine based on a little better price. I stayed with the 4 GPM pump because it was strong enough to do what I needed a wash down to do and it used less power and cost less money. I'm going to call them this morning and see when they plan to ship.