Quote Turnaround

timberxx

Reaction score
What turnaround time do you guys expect from your dealer on grady part quotes?

My dealer (I will not name) wouldn't give me an estimated cost, and has taken over a week to provide a quote on: bow and cockpit bolsters, bow table, and I- Captains Chair.

These are parts for a tournament 205.

Can someone give me a rough estimate of costs? Again, what turnaround do you expect?

georgemjr

Reaction score
I have found that the turn around time can be quite slow at my dealer as well, and depends on which parts guy I talk to and how well their follow through is. What I have found to be helpful is to call Grady White's customer relations and have them give you the GW part number. I then ask the local dealer to give me a quote for teh part number. It saves the local dealer 1 step. I then follow up with a phone call to the dealer to inquire about it within a week. Doesn't always work but usually helps...

timberxx

Reaction score
The quote came in today. Bow and Cockpit Bolsters are $1600 plus install. The table for the bow is $400.

Again, I have a 205.

How do these prices seem?

jellyfish

Reaction score
megabytes said:
GW CS sent me a new toerail 4 days after I emailed. Perhaps your dealer is the slow link.
How much was the toerail?

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I needed a key for an old Johnson on the back of a 13' Whaler. Stopped at Southeastern Marine in Richmond VA while I was up there on business. They located the key,shipped it to me, refused to take any money for it, and there only response was "we know you will be back again and it would be our pleasure to serve you." I've been ordering from them ever since, and find them to be quick and responsive.

2nd choice, and one I've also had good luck with, is Vero Marine. Ask for Boo.......

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
jellyfish said:
megabytes said:
GW CS sent me a new toerail 4 days after I emailed. Perhaps your dealer is the slow link.
How much was the toerail?

ZILCH!!!

Did i mention how good GW customer service is. The boat is 6.5 years old and they still take care of defects. I suppose they did consider that the same toerail broke once before. They gave me a tip to drill the screw holes a bit oversize to allow for temperature changes. In both cases the rail split at the foreward screw during the Winter.

I will install the new one Saturday.