Recessed deckplates

2manyboats

Reaction score
Having done some due diligence, like a lot, on this and other sites, I need to replace the deckplate on my coffin cover over the tank. It is recessed, 6" ID and 7 3/4" flange. Neither Beckson, Bomar, Tempress, West Marine, nor a few others I can't remember will fit in the 7 7/8" recess. Most have 8 1/8" or more flanges. Did buy a Beckson just to check. Will be returning it. Guess I could cut one down, but geez, ain't there nothing around? :bang

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
:uhm What's in it now? Grady should be able to replace it, or tell you who the vendor was ...

Fishtales

Reaction score
As I recall the earlier GWs used a different manufacturer than Beckson (which they have used for at least 12 years now).
This is from the Beckson website.... Maybe contact them and ask them about their Thin Rim option. It just may fit.

6" Pry-out Deck Plate - Standard Trim Ring Replacement Gasket = D6P-G
Outside Diameter: 8 1/8" (15.6 cm) Inside Diameter: 6 3/16" (15.5 cm) Hole Cut: 6 1/2" (16.5 cm)
Thin Rim with or without screw holes may be available in some color / material combinations. Thin rim OD is 7.50"

stevblutu15

Reaction score
Call Grady. I replaced the 3.5" plates last year and couldn't find them anywhere. Grady gave me the phone number and model number of the plates used in 1987. The company actually didn't have them, but made them for me cheaper than buying off the shelf at west marine. It was either beckson or bomar I can't remember.

2manyboats

Reaction score
Thanks folks. I have put out some feelers and will report back on my findings to close this out. Nothing worse than a dead end thread...well, except maybe for a sunken boat, rotten transom or the fish ain't biting...

2manyboats

Reaction score
I spoke with Beckson and ordered directly from them a thin rim screw out rim with a clear cover. The rim only comes in white and has an outside diameter of 7 5/8". If desired, it can be painted with Krylon "Fusion", according to Beckson. It has no pre-drilled holes, so you gotta DIY. It is part number DP60TW-C and is about $24 today. The rim is ABS which should be bed in silicon. Since it is in a recess, I will use butyl tape. The clear, screw in cover is polycarbonate. Side note- I also ordered 3 of their standard 6" screw in deck plates, off white color.

Shout out to Beckson for excellent customer service for such a minor item!!!