Replacing lever for live well/Saltwater wash on Seafarer

NikM820

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Recently while cleaning the boat I broke the lever that switches the raw water pump from the live well to the saltwater wash down for the deck (the one on the stern just above floor level below the live well) :bang . Before I go pulling out the live well and guessing on the best solution I figured I would see if anyone else has replaced this lever and if you have any tips.
This is on a 1991 Seafarer
Thanks!

PA228G

Reaction score
Replaced mine in my 228G a couple of years ago. Ordered a new one from the dealer for about $45. I believe you can get them now from online parts places like "defender", etc. Anyway, changing it out takes about 10 minutes. Getting to it, i.e., with the hidden nuts on the fasteners to remove the livewell and pulling all the associated livewell overboard drain hoses, took me about 4 beers. One recommendation - double clamp, double clamp - as others have noted possible horror stories if thru-hull fed lines loosen. I probably have some pics I can send via e-mail if needed.

NikM820

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
10 minutes and 4 beers doesn't sound so bad. Replacing my last thru hull took 15 min before I cracked it. Just couldn't resist one more 1/4 turn. I'm going to order the part and invite my mechanic friend over for some "beers".
thanks guys
Nick