Sailfish 25 with twin 150s

Clockwork

Reaction score
Anyone out there running an pre seav2 hull with twin 150s? What kind of fuel mileage are you getting and what kind of cruising speeds or top speeds are you getting?

Pez Vela

Reaction score
New 2005 F150's repowered my 1987 Sailfish 255. I get a 1.8 nmpg average. I run my boat heavy for the comfort factor. Loaded I cruise at 18 - 21 knots depending on conditions. I don't suppose I can get much more than 30 top end. If I strip the weight off and run it w/o any fuel to speak of and w/o curtains I can run it 40 on a good day.

Clockwork

Reaction score
Interesting. What "weight" do you have to strip off? Curtains and fuel are making a 10mph difference? 40 seems faster than I expected.

Pez Vela

Reaction score
I have a two sets of ground tackle, but only carry one at a time. One has a lot more chain and a bigger anchor, so the weight difference is substantial. I also carry a portable generator in the cabin. There's a 30 gallon fresh water tank that can be full or near empty, an overabundance of fishing gear, and whether I'm full of fuel (almost 200 gallons) or running on fumes for a test run in the bay, makes all the difference in the world. It's been a long time since I went for a speed run, but 40 is my recollection, accomplished with a professional driver (me) on a closed course (no one around) with full safety gear (a whistle). Your results may vary.