Seafarer seats

mjm1957

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Would anyone know the original helm seat manufacturer that Grady used on a 1999 Seafarer. I'm looking for some replacement parts such as the knob that tightens the seat base to the pedestal.Also the bushings the base swivels on. Is there a place on the seat itself that says who the original supplier was? Thanks

Pighunter

Reaction score
Good question I'm missing a knob on one seat also.

mjm1957

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Lol, maybe we can get some help to fix them.

seasick

Reaction score
Sometimes the seat itself will have a manufacturer's stamp or decal but often it wont. That said, the maker of the mount is often not the maker of the molded seat. Finding replacement parts for the mounts on older seats may be close to impossible. The good news is that most of the seats use a standard mounting pattern for the mount/slide. You need to measure the seat post diameter ( probably 2 7/8 inches), the spacing of the slide bolt holes and the length and width of the original slide. From there you can look for a new mount. There are lots of options.
One word of advice. Before you buy new mounts, make sure you can get the old one off. That is, make sure you can undo the bolts. They have a habit of getting frozen to the threaded inserts and those inserts may pull out of the seat mold. Fixable but can be a royal pain.

Reactions: Pighunter

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
On the bushings, They are pretty universal.
I replaced my entire swivel/slides with Springfield bases 2 years ago, and the bushing on one of them was out of spec.
I went to West Marine and bought a Todd seat bushing and used it instead while Amazon sent me a replacement in the mail, so now I have a back up bushing.
I would call Grady customer service and ask them which manufacturer supplied the base. Might be different than the seat suppler.
My '87 Seafarer was Wise.
Expecting it will be either Wise, Todd, or Garelick.

Reactions: Pighunter and JJMag