Spirit 175??

JJRJR

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking at a 1991 Spirit 175. Looks to be in great shape. 140 Johnson 2-stroke, several upgrades, Garmin 93SV, etc. I had a 92 232 with twin 150 Johnsons and that boat ran great, should have kept it. Anyway, what can you tell me about the 175. Strangely, I can't seem to find the 1991 model in the nadaguides website to get a value on it. Comes with trailer. He's asking $8,750. He has no idea of engine hours. Fuel and ignition system just replaced, whatever that means. Lower unit seals replaced, new dash gauges/switches.

Any thoughts very much appreciated.

Thank you. John.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
The 175 Spirit doesn’t show up in the brochures until 1992, so it’s probably a typo or maybe even a late 1991 that is vinned as a 1992? Either way, here’s the brochure and it does show up on the JD Power, formerly NADA, website. Says something around $10k for the boat and an extra $9k for the motor for the suggested list price. Which I'm guessing is if the boat was being sold brand new from the dealer today? That seems a bit absurd to me as it’s now a 30+ year old boat, but the link is attached below and it mentions around $3k for low to high retail. Lastly, you don’t need to make 5 different posts regarding your same questions of the boat value and fuel tank removal.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Hey guys, I'm looking at a 1991 Spirit 175. Looks to be in great shape. 140 Johnson 2-stroke, several upgrades, Garmin 93SV, etc. I had a 92 232 with twin 150 Johnsons and that boat ran great, should have kept it. Anyway, what can you tell me about the 175. Strangely, I can't seem to find the 1991 model in the nadaguides website to get a value on it. Comes with trailer. He's asking $8,750. He has no idea of engine hours. Fuel and ignition system just replaced, whatever that means. Lower unit seals replaced, new dash gauges/switches.

Any thoughts very much appreciated.

Thank you. John.
If everything is in passable shape, that sounds like a fair price. NADA is essentially unreliable on older boats and, especially, less common boats - meaning, only a small number of those 1991/1992/1993 models sold recently. NADA is based on "reported" sales/registrations of the used boats in the year... you can imagine that there weren't many sold and that many were "written up" at a lower price on the napkin so as to pay less in sales tax. NADA is useless in this case.

"Fuel and ignition system just replaced, whatever that means"... ask him what that means.