Reaction score
Model
Explorer
I have to replace the starboard cockpit drains (2 drains) just inside the starboard transom door. I can’t access the drains under the deck through the generator compartment because the Grady designers boxed in that section to mount the generator exhaust muffler. Accessing and replacing the floor drains and hoses to the thru-hull on the port side was straightforward.

I see a lot of posts on this issue but they all seem to be for the Marlin and 330 express. Has anyone replaced the starboard drains and hoses on the 360 express? I prefer to not cut the platform outside the transom door and seal with a pry out or screw in access port. But will do that if that’s the only way. I haven‘t been able to find any solutions here or on the internet and my local Grady dealer has not been helpful.

Any tips, suggestions or a success story with pics will be appreciated. I’m running out of time using silicone sealant to maintain the integrity of the starboard plastic drains on the deck. The starboard drain are located where the arrows point in the in the attached picture.

Attachments

• IMG_0013.jpeg
    IMG_0013.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21

Chutch

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I added a a 6" pry out hatch on the vertical surface that the door swings into to get to the hose clamps on the hull side drain. It is a 330. the other thing I had to fab up was a J shape pick tool on a long handle so I could pull the old hose off.

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
Is the pryout on the outside hinge side of the door? My door swings out with the hinges on the starboard side.

Chutch

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I had already removed my rusted out generator. The hatch gave me access to the hose clamps. I used the fabricated tool to reach thru from the generator side to pull off the old hoses. i attached the hose clamps loosely to the end of the hose and tightened them by reaching thru the new access. IMG-6200.jpgIMG-6201.jpg