Still can't get length of Sailfish

Reming870

Reaction score
It's getting to crunch time on a trailer. I am still struggling to locate the length of a 1997 Sailfish 272 from bow eye to drain.

Does anyone know this or have a similar hull that they can measure?

Thanks.

fischer

Reaction score
Have you tried calling or emailing Grady White? They probably have the original plans for that boat.

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Call GW and they will send you a spreadsheet with all the measurements needed for a trailer.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
this came from the 1997 catalog. since pulpit was an option i would think length does not include. also need to consider engine overhang. best to call GW for best trailer length, they're very helpful. goo luck, ron

Attachments

• image001.png
    image001.png
    5.2 MB · Views: 862

Andrew93

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Having a little bit of extra trailer will not hurt I would imagine, as long as you can move the axels to center the load. The new trailer I bought was of "the right length" but a little bigger would not have hurt. Also Cataumet Boats, since you are also in MA, was able to help me confirming the proper trailer size based off what they would have ordered. I only haul very short distances a few times a year, so the Venture was a good choice for me. I understand why people who trailer a lot would go for something different though. This is a picture of my 1999 on the VATB-8725 with target bunks. Brand new with Mag wheels $3770.

I got the rear of my bunks within a foot of the end of the boat. I emailed Grady and they said that was fine, the last foot has the tabs anyways and that wouldn't offer any extra support anyways. With it stored for the winter I threw the rear short stands under the transom, figured it couldn't hurt. Where you do not have the extended hull your boat should fit fine. The axels in this picture are moved all the way forward to balance the weight better.