Sunday launch day pics..and this winters modifications list

The_Chain

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Been pretty busy but got her in this weekend..I've had a mild winter here in Texas and got a lot of projects done, not bad looking after 22 years. I have now had the boat for 2.5 years now on my third season and finally have everything in order. When I bought the boat I fully knew it was going to take some TLC but it has paid off more then I would have thought, im very happy. This "winter" if thats what you call it I had alot of time to widdle down the list of to-do's.

-New Raw water pump, and new hoses
-New Livewell pump and all associated hoses, added an overflow drain and thru hull, the livewell only drained from the bottom
-Installed airater in the Livewell
-New Furuno Radar package
-Installed the NNEMA2000 network for my Lowrances
-Added 5 rod holders in the gunnels, two zero degree ones between the factory ones on the gunnels (went with straight to keep the rods from whipping into each other, there holders and only surve to get stuff out of the way while getting from A-B), then added two 15 degree on each side of the gunnel infront of the motor (See Pics) and added a 30 degree right infront of the motor that is mounted facing in for a large cutting board with a gunnel mount, that way I dont have to bend over the livewell awakwardly to cut bait.
- Had the main tank hatch re-cored and glassed
- Kiwi gripped the entire cockpit, stern seat covers and fish box lids...came out better then I would have thought, the light gray compliments the blue grady colors, dosnt get hot, holding up well and is super grippy.
- Painted the inside of the livewell a blue tone to "calm the bait fish" I was just interested if this was a myth and it looks really cool, recommend using fish tank safe paint $$
- New bottompaint
- All new hydralics (helm pump, cables, and ram cyclineders)
- Cleaned up any suspecious wires and shrink wrapped ones that were not done properly
- Added a high-water alarm in the bilge
- Guest 2 bank battery charger and moranco plug adapter through the rear bulkhead
- Two new cannon down riggers
- Removed all the calking in the boat and started fresh
- Compounded and buffed hull with high speed, then waxed a few coats
- New Eirb, Sat Phone, Life-raft, and Ditch bad...never thought about till this year- smart decision
- Made a "Do not Sink bag" about the size of a shoe box, has "saty-a-float" plugs, tools, volt meter, everything to re-wire, that stay beside the ditch bag nothing comes out enless its an emergency

I think its a pretty good list of things done, thankfully I had enough time before the wedding this spring that was pushing me to finish up projects before my checkbook exploded. I really enjoy working on the boat, its nice to watch the progress and the satisfaction that comes from it. The list never stops (I posted yesterday that I had read almost every post no matter the topic in both the Modifications and General Section, this alone can make your list run off the page), the next ones are big and will have to wait till the fall haul out, the re-power and the fuel tanks. Tanks are okay but there time is running short, lines look good, previous owner must have done them :) thank god. The engine is bullet proof, with low hrs, (boat was mostly brackish or fresh), but would like the quietness of a 4 stroke, get rid of the oil tank and replace it with another battery and have the better fuel economy. When in for repower, im gonna have them remove inspect the bracket, then rebolt etc. My yamaha dealer, which I have become a solid customer with has a buyer ready for mine in the fall. I leaned on this forum alot and had alot of conversations with people locally at the glass shop, yamaha, west marine etc and have a solid network of trustworthy people I call friends Cheers Guys

mboyatt

Reaction score
Re: Sunday launch day pics

Very nice! :) looks like she got some fresh bottom paint. I also like the paint work you did to the floor of the cockpit. I can tell you take care of your Grady. I have also been doing many projects and will hopefully splash her on April 18 (beach trip for kids spring break). Be safe and enjoy.

The_Chain

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Re: Sunday launch day pics

mboyatt said:
Very nice! :) looks like she got some fresh bottom paint. I also like the paint work you did to the floor of the cockpit. I can tell you take care of your Grady. I have also been doing many projects and will hopefully splash her on April 18 (beach trip for kids spring break). Be safe and enjoy.

Thanks lots of hard work on her this winter...As for the Kiwi-Grip. Seems like an awsome product and it went on really easy. Like most painting jobs the real time was spent taping around the existing worn down diamond skid. I wanted to keep it looking as orgional as I could. I think the color I chose compliments the dark grady blues, as well as the seat covers I have that I slip over the chairs so my cushions dont dry rot.

dale1

Reaction score
Re: Sunday launch day pics..and this winters modifications l

the chain.

Wow. Sometimes i'd rather work on my boat than use it. I really like the work youve done. I'm impressed.

thanks for sharing, Dale

The_Chain

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score

dale1 said:
the chain.

Wow. Sometimes i'd rather work on my boat than use it. I really like the work youve done. I'm impressed.

thanks for sharing, Dale

Thanks I know the feeling all to well...its always evolving..someone a few days back added a paper towel holder...thats an awsome idea...where to mount...I was thinking of adding one over the passenger seat on the hardtop, that way I dont have to run below when I need a paper towel..

The_Chain

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score

Ordered new LED floods, then decided to do the rest of the boat in LED's at the same time. FedEx should be dropping off today. :)