The insulated coolers work great!

FREEDOM!!!

The Pensacola Beach Blue Angels show was last weekend and it's the biggest boating day of the year. If you go you need to plan to be there early and stay all day. Our routine is to load the boat on Friday night, leave the dock at 5:30am Saturday, drop anchor around 6am and not return till about 5pm. We usually pack a bunch of Yeti coolers for ice and drinks, but I wanted to try out the insulated coolers on the boat. Hadn't used them yet.

Anyway, I loaded up the transom cooler at 8pm Friday night with ice and drinks. I figured I'd need to top the ice off in the morning like on the previous boat. Nope! Next morning it looked like I had just filled it. We spent all day out in the sun with people constantly opening the lid and there was very little melting. By the time I got home around 5:30pm Saturday I'd say probably 50% of the ice was still there. I cleaned the boat, pulled the drain plug and decided to leave the lid open overnight so the rest of the ice would melt. The next morning around 8am I boarded the boat to close the lid and there was still 3-4 handfulls of ice in there. Pretty impressive.

Recoil Rob

Not the same thing but when I got my 2004 180 a couple years ago I did not have much confidence in the bow fishbox/cooler.
I was pleasantly surprised to find it works rather well. With 3 bags of ice and some saltwater to make a slurry it will freeze plastic bottles of water in short order and last the days fishing.

Seems GW gets it right when putting in coolers/fishboxes.

Late Again Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Congratulations on the success with your inboard coolers. Mine doesn't do quite that well. Might want to ease up on the kool-aid though. Just kidding;)