Thru hull fitting1990 Gulfstream

exudedude

Reaction score
The thru hull fitting for the sink is shot....I know how to do the work but how the heck do you get to it inside. I just can't figure it out. Thanks!

exudedude

Reaction score
When you open the cabinet door under the sink it is bulkheaded off with carpet over it and there is no way to get it out.

richie rich

Reaction score
Unless its a structural bulkhead that's glassed in its gotta be removable somehow. Screws behind the carpet or access cover right in the general area. That's a strange set up otherwise. If no one else has a suggestion and you can't find it I would call the gw dealer or the factory themselves

exudedude

Reaction score
It's a small area under the sink and the bulkhead is larger than the hatch is my problem even if I can get it loose.

richie rich

Reaction score
thats a strange set up.....how the heck did they put the bulkhead in, in the first place? That would mean the sink would somehow be removable because the bulkhead would have to go in first.....any Gulfstream owners out there with the same problem?

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
You probably have to remove the door. I had to do that to get to the one of my sinks.

Dirty Dog

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I replaced all my fitting a few years back. I am pretty sure your 1990 is the same as my setup. Access to the fitting is through the access port in the storage compartment to the left of the cooler inside the cabin. In order to reach the fitting you have to remove the walls surronding the access port unless you are gumby. Even then you are going to have a tough time but it can be done. Good luck.

exudedude

Reaction score
I know what you are sayin...jeez they could have made this easier...

jim f 232

Reaction score
exudedude, I have a 1990 Gulfstream, just replaced all the thru hulls last year. The sink drain fitting was located to the left of the sink about in line with the bulkhead. To access this I believe I removed the bulkhead to the left of the cabin door. Not a bad job at all. If there further towards the stern you can also remove the draws under the port seat where the fresh water tank is located. Good luck