trophy pro / sailfish transducer mounting location

blackgrady

Reaction score
i am ready to install the thru hull transducer on the grady black, (b60 20 degree), any insight on where to mount this little guy?

2010_032109summerwedding0034-1.jpg

and for the trophy pro guys with the little dash boxes...if you cut out the switch panel and relocate the switches you can fit an m121 or probably any of the other slim 12" displays up top. you can also see the gauges we recently replaced and made a new panel. i'll post a new topic one of these days with pictures if and when it finally stops raining on the east coast.

display.jpg

here's a pic in the side of the hull for the guys that asked about the sprayed on awlgrip quality. hi! it hasnt been washed all winter though.

2010_032109summerwedding0033.jpg

cheers,
steve

Pez Vela

Reaction score
Yes, but I'm guessing probably not too many with a tilted element. My B744V is installed dead center on the keel in the aft bilge compartment of my 255, but you must have something that would interfere with that location if you purchased a tilted element transducer. Am I missing something?

blackgrady

Reaction score
yup. thats the reason for the flush mount. its a trailered boat. if the tuna bite is hot in ocean city thats where it gets dropped. if the rock are hot in indian river, thats where we launch. tog? lewes it is to the outter wall. taking donations for a slip.

ps, look at the last rollers on the bunks...i think thats probably where you are talking about

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I don't believe the rules are any different for the make or model. You want it in clean water.
So generally no further forward than 2 metres from the transom. Obviously due to the 20deg element it needs to be on the deadrise (not the keel) and not behind or close to any strakes or other thru hulls that could push turbulent water across the face of the transducer.
As this is a planing hull you don't want it on any part of the hull that may occasionally be out of the water. ie near chines or too far forward.
I believe the Airmar site has some good info on this stuff. Also I purposefully kept my data lead to the sounder separate to any other power leads or harness'.