Trophy Pro Washdown

Eriesponsible

Reaction score
Recently purchased a 25 Trophy Pro.
Washdown pump is not operateing.
To this point I have yet to find the location of the unit.
It sounds like a slight humming under the port helm chair.
I would like to know how you access the pump for service.
Would it be best to replace or rebuild the original unit.
Thanks.

blackgrady

Reaction score
its under the seat, along with the water tank. take the door/cabinet out and look straight down. pumps arent too expensive, and you probably should inspect the hoses while you hold a 4 year old child in there to look. (it is extremely tight to get in there!). Also, if you decide to chase wiring, the wires run through a chase tube that goes under the lift up step inside the cabin. hope it helps!

steve
85' trophy pro

ps...just a joke, dont hold a child in there :wink:

RUMBLEFISH

Reaction score
blackgrady said:
its under the seat, along with the water tank. take the door/cabinet out and look straight down. pumps arent too expensive, and you probably should inspect the hoses while you hold a 4 year old child in there to look. (it is extremely tight to get in there!). Also, if you decide to chase wiring, the wires run through a chase tube that goes under the lift up step inside the cabin. hope it helps!

steve
85' trophy pro

ps...just a joke, dont hold a child in there :wink:

blackgrady you know it was funny what you said about the 4 year old child. I ended up using my 8 year old daughter to tighten down the overflow thru hull in there when I replaced them all 2 years ago. It was just impossible for me to reach all the way across that space.

Workdog

Reaction score
Eriesponsible said:
Recently purchased a 25 Trophy Pro.
Washdown pump is not operateing.
To this point I have yet to find the location of the unit.
It sounds like a slight humming under the port helm chair.
I would like to know how you access the pump for service.
Would it be best to replace or rebuild the original unit.
Thanks.

Like it was said, access it through the port seat cabinet. I had to do the same with mine in my Gulfstream. Instead of buying a new pump (which can be pricy), I took the pump side of the motor apart and found it completely clogged up. The motor was fine. I cleaned it out, put it back together, and it has worked fine for 6+ years now. If you need parts/switches, they can sometimes be found online or at a better West Marine. I got a rebuild kit for cheap to replace the rubber pieces in the pump. I also recommend replacing hoses on an older boat. I was getting water in my boat from a split hose from the scoop to the pump a couple years ago. Replaced em and no problems since. While you're in there why not. Saves you some extra effort later.

By the way, what ports will you be fishing out of? I fish primarily from Geneva to Conneaut. Have had real good success on the Walleyes since I moved to NE Ohio in 2004.

Eriesponsible

Reaction score
Port

Workdog,
Generally I start my year at East Harbor then move in June to Vermilion.
I have been wanting to fish Geneva for several years but have yet to make it.
What motors are you running?
What kind of fuel numbers are you getting?
Still have some issues to work out on the boat, previous owner had not kept up the boat to the level I am accustomed to.
Maybe this Summer I could trailer up to your area and fish with you sometime.
Thanks for your help.

Workdog

Reaction score
Re: Port

Eriesponsible said:
Workdog,
Generally I start my year at East Harbor then move in June to Vermilion.
I have been wanting to fish Geneva for several years but have yet to make it.
What motors are you running?
What kind of fuel numbers are you getting?
Still have some issues to work out on the boat, previous owner had not kept up the boat to the level I am accustomed to.
Maybe this Summer I could trailer up to your area and fish with you sometime.
Thanks for your help.

I usually fish Geneva/Bula/Conny from Jun thru Sep. Yep, we could get together. I talk with a bunch of folks to home-in on the Walleye location. That area is great from Jul thru Sep. I was thinking of trying the reefs out in Mar-Apr also this year. If you aren't on the site already, have a look at www.ohiogamefishing.com for excellent Erie fishing reports. My go-by is Workdog there too.

My Mercs are the EFIs. I can get 2 mpg at 3000 rpm (but usually cruise at 4200 for 1.4 mpg). Good luck with your refurb.

blackgrady

Reaction score
haha, so maybe the child theory is correct! i had a friend get to it that is about 100 pounds soaking wet in a snow suit.

CaptKennyW

Reaction score
blackgrady said:
haha, so maybe the child theory is correct! i had a friend get to it that is about 100 pounds soaking wet in a snow suit.

I had to do the same thing, I wish GW had mad that compartment easier to get into.

grzch

Reaction score
Washdown pump

My pump failed last fall, new pump needed heavier wire to work. Was 16 need 12/14?