We just purchased a 2005, 33 Grady White Express. We can't find the "heater"

bwallbom

We just purchased a 2005, 33 Grady White Express:
Cant find the water heater
Does anyone know where to purchase replace cushions for the inside and also replacement bedding (not sheets).

Bayhouse

On my 2003, the water heater is Starboard side in the helm area, there's an access panel between the seats (The middle seat lifts up).

Bayhouse

Aren't many other places where it could be if not in the helm area. MAYBE in the port side behind the hatch in the mid berth? Starboard side is full with the head equipment.

Do you have hot water?

seasick

Aren't many other places where it could be if not in the helm area. MAYBE in the port side behind the hatch in the mid berth? Starboard side is full with the head equipment.

Do you have hot water?
Good question but I would assume that since he asked where the heater is, there is probably no hot water!

seasick

The original 2005 Grady brochure ( not the owners manual) will tell you if hot water was optional. Search for archived Grady White brochures. I tried to do that earlier but the site was not responding or was r e a l l y slow.

bwallbom

Do you have hot water?
We do not have hot water. Looks like the previous owners must have removed it. Thanks for everyone’s response.

seasick

That's possible but if it didn't work, just don't power it up. It's probably there somewhere:) Time to open some panels and/or trace the plumbing

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
I would be worried they took it out and.. well, did they "cap it off/re-route"? I'd dang sure open the panels and follow the wires lol.

R

themikehyde

GreatGrady Captain
Here is what I found in the owners manual. Not sure where the access panel would be on that model, since mine is a 2009.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-03-04 09.06.42.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-04 09.06.42.png
    152.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot 2020-03-04 09.07.10.png
    Screenshot 2020-03-04 09.07.10.png
    156.6 KB · Views: 18

Bayhouse

Here is what I found in the owners manual. Not sure where the access panel would be on that model, since mine is a 2009.
They must have slightly remodeled, on my 2003 the HWH is more forward but in the same general area. I would assume the access panel is in the same location.

bwallbom

we would just informed that they replaced with water heater with helm air conditioning (using the wiring for this)