Window - rubber pieces

OffDuty

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The rubber pieces keep coming out of the track from the window where they reside.

Anybody have any ideas on solutions? Do they need to be replaced? Can they be replaced?

Thanks

Chuck

Attachments

• IMG_0383.JPG
    IMG_0383.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 2,194

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
You're either not getting them all the way back in or they have shrunk (which is normal)... or some combination. Yes, they can be replaced. Or, you can slice the rubber in a low spot along the bottom edge to take the stress off the corner. You can fill the gap, if you want, with something like black LifeCalk if it bother you. You could also try, if you wanted, using some LifeCalk to help keep the rubber in place, before cutting it.

OffDuty

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I haven't addressed it yet. I've been waiting for the weather to warm up. With it being cold my thoughts were that I could damage the rubber while manipulating it

Enough Already

Reaction score
Not sure if it is the same exact rubber but I replaced all mine on my 2001 265 with an exact match from BOW. They have a fat half circle rubber gasket (more like a "D" shape) you can buy by the foot and it has an adhesive strip on the flat side. I cleaned out the tracks really well and laid in the new stuff cut to fit. It fills out the track perfectly. I put it in fat (not stretched) for potential shrinkage - 3 or 4 years ago and it still looks great today.

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Don't think we're talking about the same molding Enough. Your Express doesn't have sliding windows like the Sailfish.

Actually I was going to heat mine up slightly with a heat gun and try gluing it with RTV or Goop and hold it in with painters tape until dried. Whatya-all think?

freddy063

Reaction score
use a hair dryer to heat the rubber then just put it back in, do not use a heat gun too hot

Tucker

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
freddy063 said:
use a hair dryer to heat the rubber then just put it back in, do not use a heat gun too hot

Done that a kagillion times. Rubber shrinks up and pops out again. Not sure it does anything, think it's just cosmetic that's why I don't think there's a problem using an aggressive caulk/sealant.

PANIOLO

Reaction score
Enoughalready,

What company is BOW? I have not heard of them but have the same problem you did with the window rubber. Any chance of a number or web site?

Mike

2ndtry

Reaction score
I had this same problem this winter while doing my maintenance I removed the rubber and dangled it in front of my bullet heater for a few seconds this made the whole piece pliable very easy to reinstall and hasn't moved at all. If you only heat a small portion I think it may be more prone to pop out again.