Yamaha Trim / Tilt Hydraulic Pipe sourcing / repair

PolarExpress

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I have a leaking pipe in my trim tilt part number (6G5-43835-00-00) has been discontinued, and I've been unable to find a source to procure a replacement (motor is a Yamaha '94 200TXRS). The pipe is leaking at the lower connection. As I can't seem to find a replacement part, and I'd rather not replace the entire trim unit, does anyone have ideas, or know if this part is repairable otherwise? I've searched on the forum, and wasn't able to find solutions. Thanks for any ideas or thoughts!

IMG_0680.jpg

Bottomfeeder

Reaction score
I would almost think if you can remove that part you could take it to a good brake shop that could duplicate it. Lots of motors being scrapped out too if you have any boat yards near you. Might be worth a sh.
Good luck.

Reactions: PolarExpress

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Have you tried talking directly to a parts shop, like SIM Yamaha? They may know of a solution. Just wondering if it's actually discontinued or possibly just not currently available or superceded.

Have you tried tightening the nut?

PolarExpress

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
@DennisG01 - I purchased the proper flair wrenches on Sat (these nuts were 10mm for future ref) and that did the trick. Seems someone in the past had tried to tighten, but likely with an open ended wrench, and stripped it a bit. Fortunately didn't need to replace the part (yet), but thanks for the suggestion about SIM Yamaha.

ScottyCee

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Those can be a pain the the A$$. I actually BENT a Craftsman professional 10mm end wrench trying to loose mine then I first got into restoring the boat. Now it's a 10.65mm. :) Glad you got it sorted!