Hey guys...New Grady owner checking in

blackgrady

Reaction score
I purchased a 1985 Trophy Pro 257 that I'm restoring. I'm really glad to have found this forum, I have lots of things on the boat that I need to find. I just got it out of the shop yesterday after having it checked out, having the bottom fixed and the side repaired. It was sprayed black with awgrip and 3 coats of clear.

boaty.jpg

Anyone know of any places to find used parts for gradys? I need the front vent windows and some misc. cabin pieces.

Thanks in advance
Steve

fishie1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

Cool looking boat - I would love to see more pics.

freddy063

Reaction score
me to put more pictures in, never saw a black grady, welcome

86TrophyPro

Reaction score
Good looking boat would love to see more pics, I have had a lot of luck finding parts directly from GW, also E-bay, and local nautical flea markets the latter being your best bet. Good luck, Post more pics

DSC_3236.jpg

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
It looks pretty sharp in black, post up some more pics.

blackgrady

Reaction score
oh no! maybe I shouldnt have posted pics, I wanted to be the only grady "black." :D I will post some pictures once it stops raining here in DE.

Cheers,
Steve

White Horses (Mike)

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Our last boat was navy blue - I still miss the dark hull. Your boat looks great that way! ... the local dealer in Southern CT had awl gripped 2 of his new boats for sale last year, just to guage the market response. They looked great and he did sell them both.

Let me join the chorus - post some more pic.s!

blackgrady

Reaction score
its a 2008 Frontier :wink: I think if it were a Tacoma I probably would have had some problems, they have alot less power than the Nissans. The truck pulls it fine, it just may be a tad light for the boat. Don't be expecting a pristine boat fellas, I told you it was a resto in progress :lol:

catch22

Reaction score
NOTHING ELSE MATTERS said:
I wonder what would cost to awlgrip a 336, any body knows?

Oh man.... :(

Don't get me wrong, I think the black hulls look great, but imo, it should only be done to the older ones, that need it.

On a brand new 336?... ouch. :)

blackgrady

Reaction score
Its usually around 100/foot and that should include prep and materials.

Thats kinda why I wanted a black boat, to be different. If I could afford a new Grady in black, I would be ALL over it.

blackgrady

Reaction score
It will be kept at Murrays Haven, we have a slip there. I'm sure we will see ya going through the inlet, pending I can get some issues I found resolved. The marine surveyor that originally checked the boat out came by my house today and pointed out that the front stringer is seperated from the hull...So now I need to remove the toilet, cut that part out, remove the foam and reglass....That really puts a damper on my progress.