Hey guys...New Grady owner checking in

blackgrady

I purchased a 1985 Trophy Pro 257 that I'm restoring. I'm really glad to have found this forum, I have lots of things on the boat that I need to find. I just got it out of the shop yesterday after having it checked out, having the bottom fixed and the side repaired. It was sprayed black with awgrip and 3 coats of clear.

boaty.jpg

Anyone know of any places to find used parts for gradys? I need the front vent windows and some misc. cabin pieces.

Thanks in advance
Steve

Good looking boat would love to see more pics, I have had a lot of luck finding parts directly from GW, also E-bay, and local nautical flea markets the latter being your best bet. Good luck, Post more pics

DSC_3236.jpg

blackgrady

oh no! maybe I shouldnt have posted pics, I wanted to be the only grady "black." :D I will post some pictures once it stops raining here in DE.

Cheers,
Steve

White Horses (Mike)

GreatGrady Captain
Our last boat was navy blue - I still miss the dark hull. Your boat looks great that way! ... the local dealer in Southern CT had awl gripped 2 of his new boats for sale last year, just to guage the market response. They looked great and he did sell them both.

Let me join the chorus - post some more pic.s!

blackgrady

its a 2008 Frontier :wink: I think if it were a Tacoma I probably would have had some problems, they have alot less power than the Nissans. The truck pulls it fine, it just may be a tad light for the boat. Don't be expecting a pristine boat fellas, I told you it was a resto in progress :lol:

catch22

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS said:
I wonder what would cost to awlgrip a 336, any body knows?

Oh man.... :(

Don't get me wrong, I think the black hulls look great, but imo, it should only be done to the older ones, that need it.

On a brand new 336?... ouch. :)

blackgrady

Its usually around 100/foot and that should include prep and materials.

Thats kinda why I wanted a black boat, to be different. If I could afford a new Grady in black, I would be ALL over it.

dadsgirl

Hey BlackGrady, great looking boat. Are ya gonna keep her on the Indian River? Maybe we'll see ya this summer. We run Dadsgirl out of Whites Creek.

blackgrady

It will be kept at Murrays Haven, we have a slip there. I'm sure we will see ya going through the inlet, pending I can get some issues I found resolved. The marine surveyor that originally checked the boat out came by my house today and pointed out that the front stringer is seperated from the hull...So now I need to remove the toilet, cut that part out, remove the foam and reglass....That really puts a damper on my progress.