180 Sportsman In-Hull Transducer Mount

Recoil Rob

Reaction score
Model
Sportsman
In case anyone is wondering. I couldn't get down into the rear bilge area so I put a DPI 13" x 17" Flush Series Hatch in the deck. Could have gone smaller but may throw some stuff down there. It had to be slightly off center to clear the gas line routing. The hatch is rated for 250lbs.

Mounted a Garmin GT15IH with 4200.

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

Reactions: Greatty and Byram

Fishtales

Reaction score
You'll appreciate having the access for inspections, bilge work and storage as you say. A couple of water proof bags would be sweet.

Recoil Rob

Reaction score
Model
Sportsman
As it turns out not much room down there for more than a small bumper and still can't get to the bilge pump.
The sonar works well, no loss of bottom at speed so I'm happy with that.
Next project is a raw water washdown which will need access to the bilge area that has the through hull for the live well. I'm thinking about putting in another hatch in the engine well for that, it'll will span the two round ones.
Although, if I put in a second thru hull I might be able to mount it in the transducer area...

IMG_0041.jpg

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Did you sand the glass smooth for the 'ducer, or just fill in the dimples?
That splash well looks tough to work in. I has 2 round pop outs in a Tournament 22, but the gate folded down flat on the deck, and I didn't have the rail around the top. Those add a foot or more of reach needed, and look like a real PIA to work over.
Conventional wisdom is to not put a water pick up directly in front of the prop, but Parker does it all the time on single engine boats.

Recoil Rob

Reaction score
Model
Sportsman
Just a scuff sand and acetone wipe to allow the 4200 to adhere.

The existing pickup for the live well is closer to the transom. I have a Shurflo 800 and I may be able to get to the auxiliary outflow on it so I won't need another through hull.

I only got to change the Shurflo last year while the engine was off, access to the bilge is non-existent. I'm gonna have to make access when the bilge pump needs service anyway so may as well do it now.