1969 Chowman Cuddy, where to find original parts?

aagil001

Reaction score
Hey all, I just bought a '69 Chowman Cuddy for a hell of a deal. I'll be dropping it in the water this week and then working to restore it. The previous owner replaced the engine with a Chevy 350 that's never been in the water before.

I'm wondering where I can find original parts or at least information or even pictures of this boat. I found the original ad from Grady online but there isn't a whole lot of information. I'll also be interested in selling it next season once I've restored it, how would I go about determining its value? The hull is in mint condition but the interior will need new glass and paint.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Strikezone

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Here's the page from GW's '69 catalog:

http___gradywhite.jpg

richie rich

Reaction score
to check the value of the boat, take a look at NADA and Kelly Blue Book web sites....they have a link just for pricing used boats....click on the manufacturer, year, model and motor type and it will spit out an estimate.

aagil001

Reaction score
thanks for the replies; i found that ad at GW's website. from what i can tell, i'd say most of my '69 is original. i'd love to find out what the cabin looks like on the inside. the previous owner lined it with a terrible brown astro-turf material.

looks like kbb doesnt do boat quotes, at least not that i found. i checked out NADA though and found a quote, their quotes only go as far back as 1970; think that one year would make that much of a difference?

richie rich

Reaction score
1 year??? doubt it unless there was a significant design change from 69-70....at that age, the price is completely negotiable.....you can also check with a marine insurance company as to what they would insure the boat for, just as a reference point.

I like the astro turf....you can go fishing in the morning and play 18 holes of indoor mini-golf before heading home for the day :)