1990 252 SAILFISH SPORT BRIDGE - WATER PUMP CHANGE OUT

Grady25

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I am repowering & putting a 1990 252 Sailfish Sportbridge back in the water. It has been in storage for 12 years so I am looking into replacing the water pumps and valves. From what I have found so far I think the fresh water pump is at the base of the stairs in the sleeper just to the right. On another thread I saw a message where the water from there runs through to the back of the boat under the fuel tank compartment. The statement read that is was a B---h but it can be done. Any one with knowledge of the re-pipe work would be appreciated. I am a plumbing contractor so the piping itself and valving will not be a problem. Just need the ins & outs of what I might be running into. Again - Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Do you have twin outboards? If so, my 92 should be the same. The FW pump is behind the lower berth rear service panel, and the SW pump is behind the cockpit rear service panel on the port side. The FW pump feeds both sinks from the FW tank, and perhaps a gunnel port on the port side, and HW heater if you have one. The SW pump, via a Y valve, feeds the live well or washdown, only one at a time. The hose for the LW runs thru one of the rigging tubes on the port side from the bilge area.