1991 Tournament newbie questions

wavejd

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
Hi Folks - I'm a new owner of a 1991 Tournament 19 with a 2012 Yamaha motor. So far, very happy with the boat (preview Boston Whaler Montauk owner). I'm looking for some help on the following:

1. Where can I get a copy of the Tournament-specific owners manual? The one on the GW site is a generic manual that doesn't really cover my model in detail.
2. Does anyone have a picture of the dashboard switch labels they can share? All of my labels are unreadable. I found a guy on ebay that makes custom labels but I'm trying to understand what they said when they came from the factory.

Thanks,
Jim

MashpeeMan

Reaction score
I have a 2001 (192) Tournament. I used one of those office label machines to label my switches because I could barely read the ones on my dash. The label machine worked fine although probably not as nice as something custom. I'm not sure if your boat has the same configuration of switches but I figured I'd post this in case it could be helpful and/or you have the same configuration. On my dash the top row from left to right is "Nav" lights, "Cockpit Lts," "Aux," and "Aux"... The bottom three switches are Horn, wipers and bilge.IMG_2671.JPG

wavejd

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192

Yamama

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 255
I use to own a 1991 Tournament 19. Dash looked the same as yours...beat up. I found a sheet of graphite looking dash panel like the pic on the right above f rom J Adams1. I purchased ALL new switches and covers and rewired t he whole thing. go to www.newwiremarine.com for some products you will need.

wavejd

Reaction score
Model
Tournament 192
Thanks for the tip on the newwiremarine.com items - looks like really nice stuff - no shortage of winter projects on this boat (not sure if rewiring the panel will make the cut!)

Lsquared

Reaction score
I used newwire too, put on the blue etched covers. Love em

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Last edited: