1993 228 Seafarer, 2002 200hp Yamaha HPDI (project motor) - $12,500

fungalope

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
We have owned this boat since 2011 and she has been amazing to our family. Great for hitting up the sandbars, cruising the ICW, and have had her out 45+ miles for mahi, sails and wahoo. We have all of the cushions for her. We replaced the coaming cushions and the interior cushions in 2019. She has a Garmin Depth finder/Chart plotter. Motor is a 2002 200HP HPDI 2-stroke, with about 480 hours on it. It currently has an issue that will not allow it to spin up past 3000 RPM. I have had the throttle body and injectors cleaned, the high pressure fuel pump replaced but it has not done the trick. The Mechanic says the motor has great compression and should be a worthwhile project for someone who has the time. I'm ready to move up, so I'm seeing if someone else out there would like to put in the effort with this one! I can give you the receipts for what the mechanic has completed so you can keep chasing the gremlin.

Make me an offer!

Attachments

• cockpit 1.jpg
    cockpit 1.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 41
  • motor.jpg
    motor.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 40
  • side shot 2.jpg
    side shot 2.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 38
  • side shot.jpg
    side shot.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 37
  • stern shot.jpg
    stern shot.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 40

JPW

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
There is a switch on the gas linkage that fails and the motor will run on 4 cyl like it does in nutral and does not switch over to 6cyl like it should when put in gear. Look on utube about motor not going over 3000 rpm. switch is about $150.00 Ask your repair guy if he checked it. I found it on utube and fixed my 01 HPDI. Good Luck John Look at

Last edited:

fungalope

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Going to check on that! Thanks for the heads up!