1993 marlin 28 - Scupper and hose replacement

efx

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I have a 1993 28 marlin and I would like to replace my deck drains, hoses and scuppers. i have opened the rear deck plate and have tried to access the drains, hoses and scuppers, but it seems impossible to reach.

What is the best way to get this done?

Fishtales

Reaction score
If you can't get in there, you may need to cut a hole and put in an access hatch. Not the best solution, but if that is the only way to gain access you can do that or hire a glass guy/ do it yourself to repair.

Ozz043

Reaction score
Others have had the same very question and the answer has not been readily available....other than the operating table

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
There's no magic, here. If there is physically no way to get to them (even if you have to do it by "feel" only... which is common place on a boat, by the way), then as mentioned, creating an access hole is the only way. Don't worry - this is a common practice and if it's done properly will have no ill effect on the boat. Tip... use a bigger sized access hole than you would originally think - might as well make your job as easy as possible. Obviously, the size depends on the area - and I'm not going to recommend a specific size - just that it's good to go bigger. If you're not comfortable with this project, don't be afraid to hire this out.

Ratical

Reaction score
Dennis you are on point!!!! I had to replace all my through hulls on my 24 offshore and it was a job!!! some were easy some were totally by feel while others took the hole saw. I wish I could give some better advise but the simple fact is those hoses and scuppers were installed at manufacturing before the boat was capped .

Last edited:

Fishtales

Reaction score
Dennis you are on point!!!! I had to replace all my through hulls on my 24 offshore and it was a job!!! some were easy some were totally by feel while others took the hole saw. I wish I could give some better advise but the simple fact is those hoses and scuppers were installed at manufacturing before the boat was capped .

When I toured the factory I observed your last point. Everything was installed prior to the liner being installed. Too bad there isn't access but the design doesn't allow.

Harpoon

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
on my 98 Marlin I can get right into the bilge and access most everything once the batteries and bait well are out... does the 93 have the back seat ?