1995 Adventure 209 Helm Seat Replacement Suggestions

crazygrady

Reaction score
Looking to replace the original Grady seating. I'd appreciate any suggestions as which one to use. I'm going crazy on line trying to narrow it down. You really can't tell the quality of the cushions etc. on line.
Thank's in advance.

crazygrady

Reaction score
No arm rests. I think they're just basic original Grady seats. They are small only 17"wide across the seat,with a tapered back rests. They have the Grady Logo in the upper corner.
I don't want to go too big due to the limited space in the helm area. I looked in West Marine and Boaters World. They don't have much of a selection here in North Jersey.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
A seat like this is a nice upgrade.

http://www.boatingseats.com/Boat-Seats/ ... t-Seat.asp

The seat is very comfortable, sturdy, fits on existing sliders/swivel and pedestal.

The arm rest keep you trapped in big rockers from sliding off or the ned to grab the dash to hold on to.

Do realize the pass through will loose some, I already had to turn sideways, but had also to lift a bit to get past the arm rests.

Good luck.

catch22

Reaction score
I replaced the seats on an older, (late 80's) Overnighter with the exact model that BobP has indicated. They are just as he described... comfortable and sturdy. There really was a big difference in side to side support too. Very nice seat.

I'm sure the clearence in between the seats was reduced a little, (due to their larger width) but I don't recall that being an issue. I do remember it was very close on the other side of each seat, but they didn't rub. However, if I wanted the seats to face aft, I had to adjust the slider all the way back to rotate them without hiiting. Again... that was on a late 80's.