1996 247 Strike

Sgt. Haslo

Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a Grady White and today I went and looked at at 1996 247 Strike. I am looking for a boat to provide me with both a solid family fishing platform in the bay and on good days take myself and some others offshore. This boat seemed to fit my desires. I am having the boat surveyed in the next week and I was wondering if there are any owners of this boat that could give me some feedback on there likes and dislikes and also the seaworthiness of this boat offshore. If the boat comes through the survey ok I may then be askng some more questions about price. The boat has no motor and I will just be purchasing the boat. The dealer is asking $10,000 which based on some research seems a little high. Any or all help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

Daman858

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Well, I am no expert but it does seem rather high for that vintage boat model. Does it have electronics? T-Top and other options? You're going to need at least a 200HP motor. Another question would be will your family be happy with a center console. If momma ain't happy, ain't no body happy!

Sgt. Haslo

Reaction score
The boat does have a T-top, 8 rocket launcher rod holders on the t-top and leaning post, Raymarine C70 gps and sounder, and VHF radio. Thanks for your input. Would still really like to hear from anyone that may have this boat or even even an early Chase.

twinlights

Reaction score
I am also looking at a 96 Srtike. I have owned a 180 sportsman and 222 fishermen...this is the First i have heard of this model. Would 96 be a SeaV 2 hull design? What years did they make this model? Anyone know details about the ride, design,etc? Anyone know why/what they replaced it with? I am Grady-less and need some help! Thanks.