1998 Grady White 226 Seafarer for sale - $18k - Not mine

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Not mine, just passing it along. Needs a trailer but looks to be a decent boat and for a decent price, especially with a somewhat new re-power back in 2013.

Reactions: vocz

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Looks like a lot of boat for the money. They inside kept until recently. Wonder if the can prove that claim. Doesn’t look like it has bottom paint and looks clean supports it but no trailer ?
Could it have been racked or on a boat lift under a cover And does that qualify as indoors ?

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Looks like a lot of boat for the money. They inside kept until recently. Wonder if the can prove that claim. Doesn’t look like it has bottom paint and looks clean supports it but no trailer ?
Could it have been racked or on a boat lift under a cover And does that qualify as indoors ?
If you zoom in on the first picture of the boat on the ad you can see just about 2" or so above the water line a faded light blue hard line for the bottom paint near the stern. I honestly prefer no bottom paint on my boats but definitely won't pass up on a boat if it's a good deal or it's worth it for me to buy the boat. My current boat has it and wish it didn't but that's how it came, and with the great deal I got on it, I'll just live with it. In regards to the boat being "indoor dry kept until recently" thing, and how would you prove that? If you look on the seller's website/Facebook page, and I attached it on here, there's a picture of a previous boat that they just sold and you can see where it looks like they have indoor dry stacks for the boats to be stored. I attached a picture below and it's kind of difficult to see because it wouldn't let me use any bigger of a picture, but you can see the boats stacked on top of one another in the picture. I know there's a few places around here that have similar indoor dry stacks as well where they put the boats up on racks and use a big lift to take them from the racks and put them in the water. I don't imagine that it is cheap to do so, and am assuming there's a lot of competition for guys wanting their boats to be out of the weather and elements, but they do have storage facilities like that. I just went back and re-read the posting and came across the part about "In April and May 2013, Atlantic marine installed a new fiberglass hard top ($15k)"... I can't imagine a new fiberglass hardtop costs $15k, but if that's actually the case then it seems like someone is getting a very good deal on the boat. Another $4k or so for a brand new trailer, or even less for a used one, and you're looking around $20-22k for the whole package. Seems like a pretty darn good deal imo.

dry stack storage.png

Last edited:

Tug

Reaction score
At that price it is extremely tempting. Not real fond of the e-tec but there are some pro’s to them and they do have a lot of fans. Wish it had a trailer it would make a decision easier.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mustang65fbk

blynch

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Seems like a slam dunk deal at $17.9k. Still seems like a pretty smoking deal at $19.8 so the price adjustment is surprising. And yet it's been sitting there at that price for 3 weeks? Either people are really sleeping on this boat or there's something more to the story not shown in the listing...

Reactions: Mustang65fbk

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I think it's a great deal as well, am also shocked that it's still for sale and hasn't sold as of yet. I'd bet if it was listed for this price next spring that it would've been sold long ago. If I hadn't just bought my 2004 GW 228 Seafarer, I'd be half tempted to buy this boat as well as a used trailer, run it for a season or maybe two and then sell it at that point. I'd be willing to bet you'd break even or maybe make a couple grand in profit if you did and everything on the boat checked out. I'm assuming that they'd be open to offers... of which I could see this boat selling for around $16.5k, which would make it an even better deal.

Reactions: blynch

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I just enquired about it. I'll let you guys know how it pans out
Good luck! Let us known how it works out for you. Seems like a pretty clean looking boat, at least from the pictures, and the dealer has rather positive reviews on Google. Hope all goes according to plan for ya!

Reactions: vocz

vocz

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
Sounded like. Boat is under contract when friend of mine called couple of weeks ago.

Mustang65fbk

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
It's currently showing on Boats.com that it has a "Sale Pending" notice next to the listing. Anyone on here pick it up?