2000 islander

Tigercat

Reaction score
What’s a fair price on 2000 Grady islander with all the options & 2- 2000-225s Yamaha 2 strokes with 1100 hours on them & Triple axle trailer?

Legend

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Friend just got a 2019 similar for 19K no trailer and only 6oo hours on the engines. Overall excellent shape

Toothpick 10

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Without seeing any photos and assuming good condition for boat and trailer, I'd say $22K to $25K

Fishtales

Reaction score
Sounds about right. In these times it seems like everything is higher.

Tigercat

Reaction score
Where do you guys find these Grady white Islanders at 20,000 or 25,000? The only one I’ve seen in that price range is a 1995 islander for 19,900. The 2000 I’m looking at they won’t 40,000 for it. And that seems to be in the middle of the others for 55,000 I’ve seen.

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I've kept a close eye on this model for about a year and a half now. Because it is a desirable model used prices went up considerably, then covid hit. Since covid, prices went from high to nuts. I saw a repowered 2003 listed for $110k!! With new boat prices in this size range exceeding the price of hand built supercars, some people look at high and nuts as being reasonable. Just because several people are asking big money, doesn't mean people will pay it. That said, it only takes one nut to make a hungry squirrel happy. How hungry are you?

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
BTW, the best deal hands down for an Islander is member Barclayr's in the for sale section. If my barn door could clear his hard top, I would have bought it before he had it officially up for sale. His boat is better than most Islander's were new for a fraction of the cost. If you are lucky, it is still available.

Tigercat

Reaction score
BTW, the best deal hands down for an Islander is member Barclayr's in the for sale section. If my barn door could clear his hard top, I would have bought it before he had it officially up for sale. His boat is better than most Islander's were new for a fraction of the cost. If you are lucky, it is still available.
Yes I seen his boat listed. Didn’t bother to message him..I seen where 2 guys had messaged him and they can’t get him to answer them back.

Toothpick 10

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Where do you guys find these Grady white Islanders at 20,000 or 25,000? The only one I’ve seen in that price range is a 1995 islander for 19,900. The 2000 I’m looking at they won’t 40,000 for it. And that seems to be in the middle of the others for 55,000 I’ve seen.

I'm going by what pricing was for an Islander with original 2-stroke power when I bought mine in 2018. Repowered Islanders were priced higher. I'm not in the market now so I do not know recent price trends. I personally believe that this current Covid price bubble will burst soon and I would wait it out if I were currently looking for a boat.

$40 to $50K for a 20 year old boat with original power is crazy.

Reactions: family affair

KS1

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Was the Islander you saw for $19,900 in Maine? If so, I bought it for $19

Fishtales

Reaction score
I'm going by what pricing was for an Islander with original 2-stroke power when I bought mine in 2018. Repowered Islanders were priced higher. I'm not in the market now so I do not know recent price trends. I personally believe that this current Covid price bubble will burst soon and I would wait it out if I were currently looking for a boat.

$40 to $50K for a 20 year old boat with original power is crazy.

Agree but it seems like anything like boats, motorcycles, ice rinks etc that familes can do during covid have gone price crazy. Maybe wait it out until spring. Either it gets worse and those that bought that shouldn't have are looking to sell or it gets better and prices come back to normal.

Blaugrana

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Curious if the bubble will be that short...Supposedly all these boat manufacturers have increased their production, so they think the demand will continue into next year, easily.

Im assuming that supply/demand intersect won’t happen until the end of next year at the earliest.

So you may be waiting a bit if your waiting it out

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
This bubble is a repeat of the 80's, but for different reasons. However, still the same is the reality of maintenance costs, dockage, lack of use, and the "payment" (that once seemed reasonable).
I agree that reality unfortunately won't begin to kick in till next fall at best. I hope I'm wrong.

Fishtales

Reaction score
I agree. Boats are very seductive and many don't understand the cost associated with them. Seems like the marinas are ratcheting costs to the max lately making things worse. I'm wondering if there is a tip point coming regarding cost. If it keeps going, they will price what is left of the middle class out.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
My friends and I talk about the offshore fishing on the East coast as "the last safari". Perfect storm of boat costs, maintenance, operation and increasing NMFS HMS and State regulation. Over the last 25 years I've watched how the Canyon Club and South Jersey marina went from being a top dealer for Ocean and Viking and a premier service department to a skeleton of what they were. The big boys are on the "endless summer" program, moving boat South for winter. Service is at Viking service centers in NJ and FL. Or back to custom boat builders in MD, VA, ,NC and FL. They can buy and service their boat anywhere. The bigger boats keep getting bigger and the small boat manufacturers have moved up to fill the void. But you can still expect a new small boat to cost as much as a house! And with replacement costs so high the used boat market is booming and sellers and getting good prices for their boat.

For example NMFS closed marlin fishing that would have killed the tournaments has they instituted it earlier. First year but lets see what they do next year.
Catch-and-release only for Atlantic marlin and roundscale spearfish, effective September 30, 2020
NMFS has determined that the recreational landings limit for Atlantic blue marlin, white marlin and roundscale spearfish has been reached and exceeded for 2020, based upon a review of landings data. Therefore, NMFS is prohibiting retention of Atlantic blue marlin, white marlin, and roundscale spearfish in the Atlantic HMS recreational fisheries. Fishing for these species will be limited to catch-and-release only, effective September 30, 2020, through December 31, 2020.