2002 273 Chase Through Hull Replacement

brdawg2001

Reaction score
Ok, Started this journey this weekend...gonna order Gemlux stainless to replace as I was tired of looking at the uglyness of the Brass/Chrome plated stuff. I can get to all of them but mostly worried about the bit 4 big ones in the back.

1. anyone know the exact sized of those?..I would like to order...looks like two inch.
2. Socket size is big on those...any tips there are good...I can get a big socket on the others....do I find a big socket for that? 2.5"?
3. I am thinking of using a heat gun on those big hoses to be able to get them off just to make them workable...any tricks there?

I have the boat since new...real happy the hoses being in good shape and such....no issues whatsoever.

r

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I don't own that model boat so I can't help you with the size of the fittings, but I do know you can get large size sockets and adjustable wrenches at a plumbing store that will work for the amount of torque needed for the thru-hull nuts and they are a lot cheaper than buying 2.5 inch mechanic's sockets. The hoses are 18 years old and your life depends on them. If it were me I would replace them.