2003 26 ft express, needs a diesel heater, need recommendations around Vancouver bc

G

grewar

I want to install a 2 vent diesel heater for my winter fishing comfort, one vent for the helm area and one vent for the cabin. This boat is not used as a liveaboard, just cruising and fishing all year around.

Looking for recommendations and experiences on Brands, who to contact for installation etc...

Gregg

Fixit

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Im looking at installing a Chinese heater in my 270 Islander. installation looks like its going to be challenging. best place I can figure is in the port side gunwale ,inside the void space between the Walkaround and the front helm seats, or possibly in the compartment that holds the freshwater/ black water tanks. but have yet to drill any holes

trapper

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Just had a friend install Webasto heater in his boat and it certainly does the job of keeping the cabin and surrounding area warm. May I suggest you stay away from the Chinese heaters. Many have not been proven, and you only get one chance, as a boat fire can be disastrous . One spends a lot of money purchasing a Grady, it is not the upgrade to go "cheap" on. (for want of a better word)

seasick

Reaction score
Just had a friend install Webasto heater in his boat and it certainly does the job of keeping the cabin and surrounding area warm. May I suggest you stay away from the Chinese heaters. Many have not been proven, and you only get one chance, as a boat fire can be disastrous . One spends a lot of money purchasing a Grady, it is not the upgrade to go "cheap" on. (for want of a better word)
Very true. There is a reason why some brands are 3 times or more, the cost of the 'imports'