2003 Grady 228 Windlass Suggestions?

BlueFlu15

Reaction score
I'm still loving my new to me grady 228, and this site has been great (especially the tips on maneuvering in tight quarters with the Grady drive)! My Grady had everything I want / need except a raw water wash down + windlass. I added the raw water wash down before the season, and I looking at adding a windlass. It has the bow pulpit so I thought I would have been good to go, but I had a couple of people looked at it, and they wanted to mount the windlass on the anchor door, and were concerned about having enough room for the line to drop. I saw a number of pictures of 228 for sale, and it looked like the factory installed windlass was installed on the pulpit. I'd prefer to keep access to the anchor/line as well as not have to get into any additional fiberglass work. Has anyone had any issues with space for the line/chain on the 228? Any suggestions on the windlass? I was looking at the lewmar pro-fish 700 with free fall (primarily for the line size), but I haven't seen any feedback good or bad. Any feedback good or bad is appreciated!