2005 Islander 270 first time out.....

reelscreamer2

Reaction score
This is my first time out in my 2005 Islander. I launched out of Oyster Point in south S.F. Bay. The Yamaha F225's purred and made the Islander jump on plane instantly. The boat handled extremely well and I look forward to many successful fishing trips aboard my "new" Islander.
DSC00392-copy.jpg

DSC00395-copy.jpg

S.F. Bay Bridge....
DSC00405-copy.jpg

Golden Gate Bridge...
DSC00425-copy.jpg

Alcatraz Island...
DSC00437-copy.jpg

Downtown San Francisco....
DSC00441-copy.jpg

What a beautiful day on the Bay!!!

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Real nice boat, RS2. Best of luck with her, and thanks for posting those pictures. Brings back a lot of good memories of when I lived out there in the S.F. area (San Rafael, acutally) for about 3 years. A long time ago.

Tight lines.

greyg8r

Reaction score
I dunno...

that "pic" of you in front of Alcatraz doesn't look real to me. Looks like one of those photoshopped pics where they put your face in a different scene, like the old west, as a pro wrestler, etc....

reelscreamer2

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! The San Francisco Bay is a wonderful place to cruise with alot of sites to see and lots of character. The fishing is great too for halibut, striped bass, white sturgeon, salmon and several species of sharks. The photo of Alcatraz is kind of surreal looking, but it is real.

Pete

dan313

Reaction score
Nice Ride. Good Luck, My 228 would fit inside of that boat.. Aahh but one day a marlin will be mine.

Lenny

alantani

Reaction score
greyg8r said:
I dunno...

that "pic" of you in front of Alcatraz doesn't look real to me. Looks like one of those photoshopped pics where they put your face in a different scene, like the old west, as a pro wrestler, etc....

oh, it's real alright. been through there lots of times. when i have out of town guests that want to see the bay from the water, i take them out of the south san francisco marina (aka oyster point), under the bay bridge, up along the east bay marinas, north to san pablo bay, continuing counter clockwise along the marin county coast, we'll stop at sam's seafood restaurant in tiburon for a nice lunch, then out under the golden gate bridge, along the san francisco water front, out to alcatraz, back under the bay bridge, over to mccovey cove to the sf giant's pac bell park, and then home.

we're fishing just outside the golden gate bridge. between me and south tower, you can just barely see alcatraz. let us know if you ever make it to town. alan

100_0520.JPG